The Begining of Led Zeppelin

ledzeppler

I know Jimmy Page went to Birmingham to meet Robert Plant, but was Robert Plant in concert with The Band Of Joy?

What was the exact date?

Thank you for posting here whatever you know about the very early Led Zeppelin.

July 20th 1968 (Saturday)

Bromsgrove, Worcestershire, England

West Midlands College of Higher Education on Gorway Road

Jimmy Page, Peter Grant, and bassist Chris Dreja met Robert Plant at the door, initially mistaking him for a roadie. As they conversed Robert mentioned to Peter he had a bit of a problem. He was in love with two sisters (Maureen and Molly) and did not know which one to choose. When he added one of them was six months pregnant, Peter suggested perhaps she should be the one. They stayed for his performance with Obbstweedle. Note that Robert had already disbanded the Band of Joy back in May 1968.

July 20th 1968 (Saturday)

Bromsgrove, Worcestershire, England

West Midlands College of Higher Education on Gorway Road

Jimmy Page, Peter Grant, and bassist Chris Dreja met Robert Plant at the door, initially mistaking him for a roadie. As they conversed Robert mentioned to Peter he had a bit of a problem. He was in love with two sisters (Maureen and Molly) and did not know which one to choose. When he added one of them was six months pregnant, Peter suggested perhaps she should be the one. They stayed for his performance with Obbstweedle. Note that Robert had already disbanded the Band of Joy back in May 1968.

i had not known of the maureen/molly ordeal. um, peter gave good advice, i would say. where would one find more about the bands personal experiences...? steve, what are the best reads?

i had not known of the maureen/molly ordeal. um, peter gave good advice, i would say. where would one find more about the bands personal experiences...? steve, what are the best reads?

I'm also quite interested in reading about the personal experiences...

Archived