Best of L.A. '75

Bonzo_fan

There's been lots of talk on here before about a hypothetical Best of L.A. '77 album, so I'd like to know if anyone has any thoughts on how a possible Best of L.A. '75 album should be comprised.

I'm pretty sure this hasn't been previously discussed on here, but my apologies if it has been.

3/27 is so good to me I can think of anything to replace any part of it with.

Fair enough, I'm a huge 3/27 fan as well. It was for a long time, and might still be, my favorite show. I recognize it's not the best of the best performance wise but the vibe is just spectacular IMO.

When you say "Best of L.A. '75" Bonzo_fan, are you including the Long Beach gigs? Because the March 12 Long Beach Arena show was easily one of the best of the tour. The "Heartbreaker" from this night trumps the one from March 24, and the earlier ones from the tour.

When you say "Best of L.A. '75" Bonzo_fan, are you including the Long Beach gigs? Because the March 12 Long Beach Arena show was easily one of the best of the tour. The "Heartbreaker" from this night trumps the one from March 24, and the earlier ones from the tour.

Good question Strider, my original intent was to not include the Long Beach shows for fear that it would be dominated by the 12th. Now that I think about it though, the Long Beach shows should be included, or maybe answer with and without them included if you feel so inclined?

You're right, Heartbreaker from the 12th is much better than the 24th, one of my all time favorites actually.

^ Agree that March 12th is a fantastic show. I also love March 27, likely because I pick up a '77 vibe from it: tight but loose, somewhat sloppy and quite improvisational.

I agree, I sort of look at March 27 as the transition between '75 & '77. Earls Court is a bit of a regression as far as the improvisation goes IMO, they definitely shortened the longer songs, perhaps to make room for Tangerine and the acoustic set.

I see March 27 as a culmination of the ideas that had been developing throughout the '75 tour, and a preview of what was to come in '77.

Archived