ITTOD Germany cassette

mrledhed

There's one on Ebay right now. It's in the U.K., the seller want's something like $17 dollars for it.

If you don't mind me asking, what's the significance of the "made in Germany" tape? Or is it that it's a chrome tape?

You should be able to do the research online but chrome tapes were a significan improvement over whatever was used before (ferrous oxide?). I have seen a lot of tapes reissued with the 'now on chrome' notices on them. I think they came out in the mid 80's.

There's one on Ebay right now. It's in the U.K., the seller want's something like $17 dollars for it.

If you don't mind me asking, what's the significance of the "made in Germany" tape? Or is it that it's a chrome tape?

But he won't show the picture of the tape itself only the case, could be a clear shell reissue.

You should be able to do the research online but chrome tapes were a significan improvement over whatever was used before (ferrous oxide?). I have seen a lot of tapes reissued with the 'now on chrome' notices on them. I think they came out in the mid 80's.

Only ones I've seen labeled as "chromedioxide" are Scream For Help, Coda (lots of these), TSRTS (very rare). However, it's possible others were made.

You should be able to do the research online but chrome tapes were a significant improvement over whatever was used before (ferrous oxide?). I have seen a lot of tapes reissued with the 'now on chrome' notices on them. I think they came out in the mid 80's.

Right, gotcha. Didn't know if it was just because of the change in tape type or something else.

But he won't show the picture of the tape itself only the case, could be a clear shell reissue.

True.

Archived