O2 show best ever

durin

I have been listening to 70's rock that my older brother played on vinyl and now soon 40 i listen to many of these bands on Spotify etc.

Recently i saw the Celebration day show and the performance is the best i ever seen.

After i had seen it i almost got a little depressed by feelings that something this good will never happen again.

A few years ago i was at a Judas Priest concert where Halford seemed to drained his energy in the 80's. Not so with Led but chances they will perform again is small.

Just want to know if someone shares this feeling after watching the show.

I have been listening to 70's rock that my older brother played on vinyl and now soon 40 i listen to many of these bands on Spotify etc.

Recently i saw the Celebration day show and the performance is the best i ever seen.

After i had seen it i almost got a little depressed by feelings that something this good will never happen again.

A few years ago i was at a Judas Priest concert where Halford seemed to drained his energy in the 80's. Not so with Led but chances they will perform again is small.

Welcome! Yes, naturally. Every true Zep fan laments their loss, and the fact that Jimmy is turning 70 in a few days bodes badly for any future for the band. Statistics in the USA show an average lifespan for a male, of 76 years, with the last 5 years spent in ill health. I think that we need to come to terms with the fact that we may get another "one off" show, but the best gift that they can realistically give us fans at this stage is the legacy stuff, such as the forthcoming Deluxe Editions. I agree, the 02 show was stunning, and it is hard not to feel sad afterward knowing that it could be the last. Sadly, we must look back on the past with love, and on the future with hope.

What is most shocking to me, is that Led Zep 1 was released 45, that's FORTY FIVE, years ago. My gosh, it doesn't seem possible. And Zep's last full studio album was 36 years ago...

Just saying is all.

Ya, that's crazy alright. What's also crazy is that I was at the record store for the day 1 release of the last two albums. That still seems like yesterday that I rode home on the bus, after cutting class, studying the pictures on the inside of the Coda gatefold. Life goes too fast.

You'd better listen to a few bootlegs, when Roberts voice was at its best, not the 02 concert where he couldn't reach the notes.

Listen to some bootlegs when Roberts voice was at its best, not the 02 concert where he couldn't reach the notes.

• 2 months later...

Try the Orlando FL concert from 1971. It's on youtube; sound only. Robert Plant's voice is extraordinary. In fact the whole band is in top form. As for the O2 concert, considering he was in his late 50's, Robert Plant's voice was extremely good.

Archived