2014 Baseball Thread

jb126

You got that right Paul! :yesnod:

Now Texas leaves town and you can start playing real teams. I do not think you will be so lucky with these one run wins with 4 hits vs any other team in the AL. Texas is just plain horrid. D Young just hit a 3 run shot and the Os are up 4-0 for Chen in Seattle vs one of their top two guys. Tomorrow we have to face the King. But we have held our own on this tough West coast trip. Should have Swept Anaheim and were unlucky in game one at Oakland, but we are just fine. My local radio talk show guys who has been on for over thirty years, now has it in print that he thinks the Orioles are by far the best in the East and will win it going away in the end. I will go on record as well Boston is in big big trouble losing Ortiz for a while now. Getting bombed every other day. When we get beat its by 1 run and low scoring. Our pitching has been very good.. The Yankees do not have guys they can rely on like in the past. They are only letting Derek Jeter play out of respect for his career. Lets face it, I have talked to Yankee fans here and they admit, he is pretty much a ground ball out most of the time. That really hurts a team. They cannot hit. So who gets Texas next? Man are they awful

Machado out again with spasms and Flaherty playing great D again at 3rd Mr Versatility. He has been invaluable. And Devan Young who hit a 3 run shot has been a great hitter when called upon. Buck is puching the right buttons. He has Norris and Gonzalez pitching great since he sent them down for work during the All Star break. Another great move

Oh, and King, I have not seen you in a few days, my radio guy picks the Pirates to win that division. Not sure I agree with that. But they gave the Dodgers hell and that is his world series pick. I am not so sure about that either but they still have plenty of time to get their A game. When they do they have Kershaw and Greinke to throw at you in the first two. Puig cannot do it all alone.

My O's have to play 29 st games vs teams with winning records. While the Yankees get Texas toast. Well, that wont last forever. It may give them the delusion of being a contender for another week or so.

Edited by LedZeppfan77

Rick, I don't know if you made it through all of last night's game, but judging from the highlights I saw, Chen was masterful. You might need a similar performance tonight from Gausman considering who's on the mound for Seattle.

Yankees may be doing some more winning for the foreseeable future, given that Toronto is coming to New York--and the Yanks own Toronto in the Bronx... I think the streak is 16 in a row the Yanks have beaten the Jays at their stadium.

Rick, I don't know if you made it through all of last night's game, but judging from the highlights I saw, Chen was masterful. You might need a similar performance tonight from Gausman considering who's on the mound for Seattle.

Yankees may be doing some more winning for the foreseeable future, given that Toronto is coming to New York--and the Yanks own Toronto in the Bronx... I think the streak is 16 in a row the Yanks have beaten the Jays at their stadium.

Yes he was lights out. This is the toughest stretch the O's have even though when they come home they must play Anaheim and Seattle. NY has the luck of having a soft schedule right now. They go to Texas after Toronto. But do not count Toronto out in that series the way they are hitting. I believe they will get some payback vs a Yankees team that has little offense. I would pick Toronto to win tonight and take two of three at least. But we have to get rid of them too. And we will. I have no doubt the Orioles are the best team in the East. Buck has their starting rotation pitching better than ever. Never mind the records. Chen has 11 wins but Tillman has pitched even better than him. Now Miguel Gonzalez pitched a gem in his win over the Angels and Norris has regained his pre all star game form with that shut down win over Anaheim. When the scales tilt in our favor with the schedule we will put some distance on the Jays and Yankees. As I have said all along, I fear Tampa more than either of them Do not look now but Tampa has won 7 in a row. And against tough teams unlike the Yankees. Hell we could suit up Paul, Walter and Strider and beat Texas. I mean, they are just terrible right now and I am pretty shocked Washington still has a job. They have quit on him in my opinion.

Good game so far--hopefully that homer Cruz hit didn't piss off the King & he starts mowing down the O's lineup....

. Easier said than done. This is a tough match for the king even with us being without Machado another night. Imagine if we had Sisters. Rumours abound the Os may be interested in twins catcher. But I like the kid Joseph. Maybe to replace hundley?

Last night, I was kind of conflicted--I'm a King Felix fan, but I'm also kind of pulling for the Orioles to win the division. I see Chris Davis came through for the O's, but I'm also wondering how many "no decisions" Felix has racked up this year. Of course, lack of run support has been Felix's whole career in Seattle.

Yankees beat the Jays, again... Does that mean it's ok to talk about the streak, Walter? ;)

It looks like Boston is throwing in the towel on the 2014 season--AJ Pierzynski was let go & Jake Peavy was traded to the Giants. Time for prospects to start playing for the Sawx; don't know how the fanbase feels about it--but they do have 3 World Series titles in their backpocket, so I guess they can't be too grumpy about it...

That was part of my strategy picking them to win the AL East this years predictions. Usually who I pick, doesn't do so well. Anyway, can't say I'm sorry they are, but then again they just might be back on top next season.

At the ballpark right now. ....100 degrees in the shade

What happened to the Rangers? Do you think Washington will survive this? Anyway, my boys are looking awful damn good. Buck has them in a groove. He has a rested bullpen after a "supposedly brutal" west coast trip against the 3 best in the West. Jim Palmer mentioned Terry Crowley twice last night, my all time favorite Red Wing and one of my all time fav players. He was some kind of hitter. I saw him hit many a ball out of Silver Stadium in 1970. Machado was not even born and knows nothing of guys like him and Grich and Baylor and many more. This new team is great. They had better keep them together. I just imagine if we had Wieters right now. We lead the majors in HR's now. If we had Matt, it would be scary how good. But I am for giving this kid Caleb Joseph a shot. Forget the trade for a catcher. We can win with him.

So, the O's went 6-4 on the road trip. I would say that's damn good, all things considered. Suddenly, the Washington Nats have the best record in the National league & I'm starting to wonder about the Braves--although, head to head, the Braves still own Washington, so maybe Atlanta can close the gap.

And the Brewers are not far behind, as far as the best record goes--who was that guy that said the Brewers were toast? ;)