2014 Baseball Thread

jb126

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/writer/jon-heyman/24642967/os-wont-deal-top-kids-to-rent-lester-may-turn-to-astros-starters

Orioles out on Lester. Will not give up young prospects like Gausman or Bundy for a 56 day rental. Do not blame them. In stead, talking to Astros

As for Lester, he is not worth what the Red Sox are asking. I say it goes to the stroke of midnight. Hard ball behind closed doors with the Dodgres or Pirates landing him.

Brewers up 2-0 on Price. Their fist trip to Tampa since 2005. 9 years!!!!!!

Edited by LedZeppfan77

The breaking news on MLB Network is that Lester has been traded to the Athletics...

And MLB network is beating it to death. Lets just hand Oakland the world series crown and not bother to play. Give me a break. And Lester has already come out and said he may be back in Boston next year. That is the attitude you want to hear if you are the Oakland brass that just traded Cespedes for him. Talk about not having your heart into it. At least my team is loyal. Stays in house. We can beat anyone. Keep the talk going. We will keep playing and watch Machado and Hardy dazzle them with their D and watch Jones, Davis, Cruz hit them over the wall. Go see the latest HR count. Or see who is at the top in defense or who is in first in the toughest division in the AL.

OK, now I have a question. Lets say the playoffs started today. Would Toronto and /Anaheim play the wild card series? If so lets say Anaheim wins. Do they then play Baltimore because they are not in same division and we are ahead of Detroit in the standings? And lastly, do you think Detroit just lost their dominance of Oakland with this trade?

I'm not sure how the scenarios would all work out if the playoffs started now--what I do know is that Anaheim would host against the Blue Jays.

The Oakland A's definitely seem to be throwing in all their chips for this season--I guess the A's management is a bit tired of being a regular season machine only to get bounced in the 1st round of the playoffs every year. If I had to put money on it right now, I think I would still take Detroit in a best of 5 or 7 series....

I'm not sure how the scenarios would all work out if the playoffs started now--what I do know is that Anaheim would host against the Blue Jays.

The Oakland A's definitely seem to be throwing in all their chips for this season--I guess the A's management is a bit tired of being a regular season machine only to get bounced in the 1st round of the playoffs every year. If I had to put money on it right now, I think I would still take Detroit in a best of 5 or 7 series....

I fear the Angels more than Oakland still. And we might sweep them tonight. Should sweep them as we beat their best pitchers. Baltimore may not have the big names but their young pitchers are getting the job done with the help of a very good pen. I believe their pen was rated 3rd statistically, with seattle having the lead. I am thinking Price may now be dealt. I think the last few days and the loss to Milwaukee last night may give the Rays a dose of reality. Too little, too late. One guy on MLB says during this huge run, they have only gained 1 1/2 games on Baltimore.

I would be surprised if Detroit made any moves at all. I think they have to feel pretty confident with the rotation they have now to get them deep into October. Scherzer and Verlander as a 1-2 punch would be pretty tough to beat, even with all the dealing Oakland has done....

I would be surprised if Detroit made any moves at all. I think they have to feel pretty confident with the rotation they have now to get them deep into October. Scherzer and Verlander as a 1-2 punch would be pretty tough to beat, even with all the dealing Oakland has done....

I disagree. They have not been unbeatable by any means. In an average division to boot. Sherzer is their best guy right now. He should start any series. I really believe Tampa is going to trace Price and Zobrist or Joyce before the clock strikes midnight so to speak. I do not know who the players will be but I am sure they are on the phones right now. I am sure Pittsburgh is trying to make a move and no doubt the Yankees are up to something

Damn, is their anybody the Sawx are not getting rid of? Makes me wonder how Red Sox Nation is feeling about the state of their team....

Can you believe we beat out the Tigers for reliever Miller from Red Sox? Who ever thought Boston and Baltimore would do business? They must really hate the Yankees. LOL. I just looked up his numbers and they are pretty impressive for a team that is out. 69 KO's for the innings pitched is very impressive.

Yes, apparently it's for real this time. Apparently you can cancel the Al portion of the postseason, because a Tigers/A's ALCS is a lock, so it seems....

PLEASE. Our bullpen is now rock solid best. We can go 5 and have Buck push the buttons. We have the hitting to make their lives miserable. You have to play the games. I cant wait to see what this cost the Tigers

Miller just woke up in first place

Edited by LedZeppfan77