2014 Baseball Thread

jb126

Matt Cain of the San Francisco G-Men likely done for the season--surgery to remove bone chips from his elbow. Could be a serious blow to the Giants chances of overtaking the Dodgers for the Western division....

Sounds like their luck this year. Dropping a half game at a time.

Miller came in and pitched a solid inning after Chen went 7 1/3. Chen is 12-3 now. And on fire. Hoping to see the Astros win one. I cant believe Jeter hit one out. Boston only needs 3 outs. Not an expected result if this stands by Yankee fans. Boston traded half the team and must have gone to the minors

Hear Ye Hear Ye to all the the civilized world and all the ships at seas, score in the 7th inning, Milwaukee 7 The mighty St Louis Cardinals 1 :lol:

As it stands right now, the Cards are 3 back of the division and a half game out of the Wild Card, but as I always say, never count them out...

Lovely night at the ballpark tonight!! Great game, great weather, free shirt!!!

Great night. O's win and I watched the end of Houston beating Toronto on MLB. I also watched end of Yankees game as O's game ended before both of those. The Yankee announcer more than once pointed out the fact the Yankees were going to fall farther behind the Orioles. He needs to face reality. They ARE NOT GOING TO CATCH US. NO WAY NO HOW.

The Angels have come within one game of Oakland. Expect Lester to want to put on a good showing today.

We are currently ahead of the Tigers by a game or so. I want to keep it that way because I would love nothing more than to see Anaheim have to play the Tigers in an early round. I actually fear those two more than Oakland. I feel we can beat Oakland.. With our pen we can beat anyone, but only if Cruz comes out of his funk

Edited by LedZeppfan77

All's I want to know is who is in first place in the AL East?

Gee, I do not remember the last time I was this excited about baseball this late in the season, oh, II guess two years ago. And during the race that fell just short last year, but before that, likely 1983 when we made short work of the Phillies in Cal's rookie year. Cal's rookie year. Amazing to think of that. And what he accomplished. I do believe there is some magic in birdland

Oh man, the Yankees are in trouble. Boston, yes the team that traded half its roster all of a sudden is considered the biggest winner in the final day of trading. Oakland, Detroit and Baltimore all have high grades as well. Detroit did rob Tampa blind for Price, if you believe Price is as good as advertised. I do not. I think Lester is better. We shall see. 3-0 Red Sox over Yankees. I wonder when I will have to hear the last of how many games the yankees have fallen behind us from their announcer. They are still in the wild card race I guess. I do not believe it myself.

Edited by LedZeppfan77

The future of the Mets rotation appears to be pretty bright. In 2015, if Matt Harvey can be close to what he was in 2013, after having "Tommy John", then him and Wheeler and this kid DeGrom would make for a very formidable top three in the rotation. Now if we just get a little more pop in the lineup, then the 2015 season could be something to look forward to....

i had thought to myself that what Davis and Cruz need are a visitt from Terry Crowley, one of my all time favorite players and for sure my all time favorite Rochester Red Wing. Well, I learned last night that Terry Crowley indeed did travel to Baltimore to give some tips to Davis and likely Cruz also. Crowley was a power hitter that had a great swing and a very accurate hitter. He did not always play for the big club due to the fact how loaded they were with talent. He was not going to knock Boog Powell from his position. Crowley is one guy that could very well get these guys back on track. As a hitting coach for the O's he has straightened out many a hitter. I am hoping Tillman is on today. We go against one of their best startres today. Iwakuma. We beat him last time with Chen on the mound. I am not sure if Chen will go next in Toronto, which is my guess, or in the make up game vs the Nationals tomorrow. i think Gausman is likely to pitch that one. Big games coming up. We need these guys to wake up like Machado has. He is now back to hitting doubles like last year. We got a little help from Houston. Burns my ass Gonzalez giving up a 3 run shot to that shit bag Cano

I can see the sense of urgency already in teams like Seattle, KC and Cleveland gunning for that wild card. Shields will go for KC at Oakland today, and Oakland is happy now that Lester passed his first test. They might be ripe today. Darvish has been good despite the horrendous play of Texas. Today he likely will face a slew of left handed batters from Francona and Cleveland. I would like to see my boys wake up on offense, even though its against one of the AL's best pitchers. Tillman needs to come through. He is 6-0 on the road. Needs to be good at home.Boston has a big advantage with the starting pitcher today. Will see if they come through.

One hell of a pitcher's duel between Tillman and Iwakuma. That Markakis home run may be all Tillman needs today....

It was and Toronto loses so we have a little breathing room. I have a tough decision. In my wife's name I have 5 game winning streak on ESPN Steak contest. So tonight I am torn between Boston or the Bills to score a TD in first quarter. I took Bills. Almost 80 percent agree with me. More are taking Yankees and I am surprised given the pitching matchup

I would bet that EBK was likely there. Cant remember so many low scoring pitching duels. Markakis said after the game the hitting will come around and I know it will. Now we are done with the West and Seattle has excellent pitching as do the Angels relievers like ours. Manny Macnado has regained his form and now I am hoping Cruz and Davis get it going. We have a one game makeup with the Nats and then a trip to Toronto that is big.

I wonder if ebk was at the ballgame today? It was a great one to take in if so....

I was there. We have a Sunday plan, so if it's Sunday...we're there! (Unless I sell my Yankees tickets at a tidy profit :) )

This game was so short, we had to wait for the restaurant to open at 5...

I was there. We have a Sunday plan, so if it's Sunday...we're there! (Unless I sell my Yankees tickets at a tidy profit :) )

This game was so short, we had to wait for the restaurant to open at 5...

Great game again. I just wish we could get our offense going but I do realize we faced one of the best pitchers. The good news, and its very good news is how great our pitching is. And Miller was a nice pick up. Are you going to Washington to the Nats game? If you are, how long would it take you to get there? And is it easier to get tickets there? Two first place clubs. Wow, how long has it been since we have been in first by this much at this time of year Esther? Forever is how it feels. I love our chances. And I am hoping we can beat Detroit for record to possibly set up an Anaheim or Seattle vs Detroit matchup in the first round after the wild card game. I would rather go to Oakland than Detroit or Anaheim. But first things first. We need to take care of Toronto.

Great game again. I just wish we could get our offense going but I do realize we faced one of the best pitchers. The good news, and its very good news is how great our pitching is. And Miller was a nice pick up. Are you going to Washington to the Nats game? If you are, how long would it take you to get there? And is it easier to get tickets there? Two first place clubs. Wow, how long has it been since we have been in first by this much at this time of year Esther? Forever is how it feels. I love our chances. And I am hoping we can beat Detroit for record to possibly set up an Anaheim or Seattle vs Detroit matchup in the first round after the wild card game. I would rather go to Oakland than Detroit or Anaheim. But first things first. We need to take care of Toronto.

Oddly enough, we were at the game that got rained out. But we were guests in a suite, so we don't have tickets to the makeup game tomorrow. As far as how long it take to get there...we live pretty much exactly halfway between the stadiums. But I work in Tysons Corner (AKA The 7th Circle of Hell), so it's easier for me to get to Nats Park during the week...which is why we only go to Baltimore on weekends.

I'm trying not to let myself get too caught up...yet. If we were 10 games up and had some offense, I'd feel a lot better...

Oddly enough, we were at the game that got rained out. But we were guests in a suite, so we don't have tickets to the makeup game tomorrow. As far as how long it take to get there...we live pretty much exactly halfway between the stadiums. But I work in Tysons Corner (AKA The 7th Circle of Hell), so it's easier for me to get to Nats Park during the week...which is why we only go to Baltimore on weekends.

I'm trying not to let myself get too caught up...yet. If we were 10 games up and had some offense, I'd feel a lot better...

All in good time. I wish I was there but I am cheering for them every night

I remember them mentioning Tysons corners in the movie Random Hearts

Was Harrison Ford in that? If that's the movie I'm thinking it is...it's possibly the worst movie I've ever seen. :) I've put the whole thing out of my mind, so if they mentioned Tysons, I don't remember. Of course, if they did, it would be fitting as it really is the 7th Circle of Hell...mentioned in a terrible movie :D

Hmmm, suddenly the Nats have a 3.5 game lead in the NL East. It makes me worry a little bit--not so much because I'm a Braves fan, but I did pick Atlanta in the picks contest, so hopefully the Braves will turn this around sometime in the near future....

Edited by paul carruthers

Hmmm, suddenly the Nats have a 3.5 game lead in the NL East. It makes me worry a little bit--not so much because I'm a Braves fan, but I did pick Atlanta in the picks contest, so hopefully the Braves will turn this around sometime in the near future....

I always thought you were a Mets fan? Maybe my birds can slow them down tonight. This was supposed to be a day of rest and travel. But its a make up game. Then off to Toronto. Oh do I love the schedule seeing Sherzer is pitching for the Tigers toinight at the yankees. Go Tigers!!!!