Paris Concert- June 22 2014

vct

Hi guys,

we are planning to be in Paris during Plant's concert on June22.

tried to see online if i can get an idea about the setlist (we know only the big hits like kashmir ' whole lotta love and of course stairway to heaven).

We couldnt see anywhere that stairway to heaven is in the setlist, during 2013 it wasn't. Is that true and is there a reason? do u know if he plans to sing it during the future concerts?

Thanks, Cheers

p.s i hope i posted it ok, if not i apologize. first time here...

all the best!

Ummm...wasn't April Fool's Day last week? :whistling:

Your profile doesn't say how old you are or where you're from, so assuming you are serious and really have been unaware of Robert Plant's oeuvre post-Zeppelin and don't know that a Robert Plant concert is not the same as a Led Zeppelin concert, I will direct you to this website where you can research his past setlists:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlists/robert-plant-3d6b19b.html

Not sure where you got the idea Stairway to Heaven was a part of his setlist. If it was because of the "Celebration Day" DVD, that concert was a one-time only thing.

Hi Strider :)

thanks for your answer, appreciate it.

i was deadly serious. since i just wanted to ask this question in a forum that must know the answer i signed up just for that. ill be gone in a minute:)

as i wrote im not a fanatic fan, i just know the hits and suppose to be in paris the same time he is performing so i was just wondering about that.

i already saw the setlist on setlist.fm and thats why i asked it here- cause i didnt see the hits on the setlist.

i assumed stairway to heaven is sang in the concert. i was wrong apperntely:) that still wried to me but i guess thats me:)

so i wish you all the best and thank for the answer again.

Cheers :)

V.

Hi Vct!

I agree with Strider: I don't think he will sing Stairway to Heaven in his 2014 tour. He usually sings some LZ songs like Black Dog, Rock&Roll and Whole lotta love and he could sing many others but surely not Immigrant Song and Stairways to heaven.

His solo career is so rich that he can choose many others hits not LZ like Big Log, 29 Palms, Another tribe ... or some covers ... or some new songs ...

I will be in Pistoia in July and I hope he will sing "Song to the siren" by Tim Buckley and "If I were a carpenter" by Tim Hardin and Bobby Daryn ...

Bye!

Hi Strider :)

thanks for your answer, appreciate it.

i was deadly serious. since i just wanted to ask this question in a forum that must know the answer i signed up just for that. ill be gone in a minute:)

as i wrote im not a fanatic fan, i just know the hits and suppose to be in paris the same time he is performing so i was just wondering about that.

i already saw the setlist on setlist.fm and thats why i asked it here- cause i didnt see the hits on the setlist.

i assumed stairway to heaven is sang in the concert. i was wrong apperntely:) that still wried to me but i guess thats me:)

so i wish you all the best and thank for the answer again.

Cheers :)

V.

It is my considered opinion that if you have never seen Robert Plant in concert before, you owe it to yourself to go at least once whenever you get the chance. The same goes for the other surviving members of Led Zeppelin: John Paul Jones and Jimmy Page.

You say you'll be in Paris when Robert has his concert, so to me, that's an easy decision to make: GO!

If you're still on the fence about going, you should check out some concert clips on YouTube from last year's tour. Search Robert Plant Live 2013...look up the songs "Tin Pan Valley", "Whole Lotta Love", "The Enchanter", "Four Sticks", "Going to California", "In the Mood". These will give you a feel for what his band and concerts are like today. If you still feel that you'll be upset at not hearing "Stairway to Heaven" and "Kashmir", then I guess you shouldn't go.

His performances are so much more than just the LZ classics...search YouTube for last year's concert clips - "Fixin To Die", "Spoonful", "Satan Your Kingdom Must Come Down", etc.. His anecdotes in between songs are priceless as well.

I'M CONVINCED ! WE WILL GO! :)

ALL THE BEST FOR YOU AND ZILLION THANKS!

WE ARE GOING TO SEE PEARL JAM'S CONCERTS - THIS IS THE REAL REASON FOR MY TRIP SO ROBERT PLANT WILL BE A GREAT UPGRADE:)

Archived