Newbie on the (tight but) loose ;)

Hi all

LONG time reader of this forum but my first ever post here.

Just wanted to say hi to all the fans and looking forward to finding out much more about the band.

My own history with Led Zeppelin:

Casual fan since heard "IV" when I was first getting into my rock music around 1977 and pretty much stayed in my "Good band but nothering special" file UNTIL....

Last year my eldest bought me Mothership for Father's day and started playing it in the car...WOW. Been on repeat pretty much since and have started buying the CD's but stopped as soon as I read (here funny enough) about the re-issues. I intend to buy all of them in CD form and complete my collection the easy way.

Favourite songs?

Far too many to mention but......

Achilles Last Stand

Kashmir

Trampled Underfoot

The Song Remains The Same

Loving the bootleg/live section along with reading the wealth of knowledge here. Got Celebration Day on DVD not long after I "got into" the band ;) Loving that show.....

Hope to be able to contribute from the perspective of someone who is new to all of this and learning your insights into this great band.

best wishes

John

Welcome John,

You heard LZIV and categorised them as good band but nothing special, how old were you and were you distracted by the fairer sex, hehe, something had your wits else where!

Welcome John,

You heard LZIV and categorised them as good band but nothing special, how old were you and were you distracted by the fairer sex, hehe, something had your wits else where!

Yeah.....I was 13 at the time and indeed the fairer sex was an issue....;)

To be honest I am a musician myself (sing in a band) and Led Zeppelin were in my list of hard rock bands like Deep Purple, Black Sabbath and Rainbow etc so I cannot begin to tell why they suddnely "clicked" with me. (and boy have they "clicked" ) Found myself listening to boots on You Tube as well and have started to collect things like Knebworth DVD and soundboard etc. Adore ALS from that gig as well as Kashmir and Trampled Underfoot :)

Better late than never is my new motto

Best wishes

John

I'm also quite new here, but it does seem very nice (which you'll probably know yourself if you're a ''long-time lurker'').

It's interesting to hear that you never thought they were that special until recently, do you wish you had been a bigger fan while they were still active?

Welcome :)

I'm also quite new here, but it does seem very nice (which you'll probably know yourself if you're a ''long-time lurker'').

It's interesting to hear that you never thought they were that special until recently, do you wish you had been a bigger fan while they were still active?

Welcome :)

Indeed I do jimjam. Would have loved to see them back in the day and I am 50 so probably could have gone to Knebworth at least.....

I have been listening to live work mainly (75 and 77 boots) and loving stuff like "Sick Again" and TSRTS. I just sort of thought they were ok but overated...Ok kill me now ;)

Not even sure why I am finding them so appealing now other than I am older and wiser.....

Best wishes

John

Archived