Q1043 Radio NYC contest question

mrledhed

So mrledhed- have you had any luck yet?

In 2012 Q104 was giving away passes for the Celebration Day movie premiere at the Ziegfeld, 25th caller like in this contest (which for those who don't know it's a pair of passes to be in the audience for an interview with Jimmy Page at the I-Heart Radio Theater on July 23). I recruited my husband to help me try to win, and every hour when they gave the go ahead to call we both would call furiously hoping to get through. Most of the time we got a busy signal, but every so often one of us would get a ring- but to no avail because even though we let the phone ring and ring, eventually we would get cut off. So one time hubby got a ring and said "it's ringing do you want to take my phone?" I said no that's ok it's probably nothing again- and then I hear him say "yeah q104?". He was the 25th caller & won the passes!

So good luck mrledhed, don't give up & hopefully you'll be in the audience for the Q&A!

I remember furiously dialing to speak with Robert Plant on Rockline in th early 2000's and time was winding down to get through to speak with him and I was dialing so fast that it rang and I hung up on it. I have got through to speak with a lot of musicians though, I got through to speak with Them Crooked Vultures, Bad Company, California Breed, Van Halen, Deep Purple and more. I am listening to q1043 online right now and they said they are about to do the Jimmy Page call in before 2:15. Don't give up and best of luck to you!.

Archived