So how about Seattle March 21st 1975?

hunter19877

This is a really good show, and one of the best audience recordings ever! I'm pretty sure i havent seen a thread no this here but i may be wrong,I havent searched way way back for one, but  i just cant recall seeing one.

I listened to the show today, its been like a month since i have. And this is a really really heavy, good show! Everyone seems on fire! Bonzo is beastin out tonight, throwing in all sorts of drum adlibs in every song, Playing his BALLS out tonight! And Jonesy, His bass is nice and equal in the miz, you can hear it pretty good and if you listen o it he just plays and plays and beast out with those fingers, creating the groove for jimmy and the others. No Quarter is particularly Awesome and his playing in TU is just groovy! Jimmy is on fire tonight, Really having fun and  enjoying himself. You can tell, He's just into it, really feeling the music in each song. All of His solo's are on point and really awesome! He goes insane here and there and Dazed is just out there tonight! His soloing is just out of this world! Nonstop just shredding!! And Roberts voice sound really nice for 1975! He's into it too you can tell, He really puts his heart into every song, really trying to make it awesome and he does! Not much squeeking from him tonight just straight up POWER AND HEART! No one else could do what he does! Plus they do a Rare 1975 version of SIBLY Which is really awesome!!!!

Yeah this show is definitely awesome guys! You need to check it out!

But anyway, What is YOUR opinion on this show????

Do you have any pictures of this show????

What bootleg do you have of the show????

Where's that damn soundboard? :lol:

I know how you feel. I would like it just to have it, But i think this audience recording sounds very nice and really captures the feeling and ambiance and space like you're there!!!!! I love it! but would definitely love to hear a soundboard! Lets be happy we have such a good aud recording!

• 3 weeks later...

I was at that show, it was on a Friday. You're right, it was a great show, better than the Monday night show.

The band was in a good mood and played very well and very long.

They had Tuesday night off (I think) and played Wednesday and Thursday in Vancouver, B.C. I saw all the shows that week. They came back to Seattle to play a second show on Friday. 

I must have lost millions of brain cells as well as losing a portion of my hearing seeing all those shows that week. It's okay though, it was well worth it.

I was at that show, it was on a Friday. You're right, it was a great show, better than the Monday night show.

The band was in a good mood and played very well and very long.

They had Tuesday night off (I think) and played Wednesday and Thursday in Vancouver, B.C. I saw all the shows that week. They came back to Seattle to play a second show on Friday. 

I must have lost millions of brain cells as well as losing a portion of my hearing seeing all those shows that week. It's okay though, it was well worth it.

Awesome!!!! Thanks a lot for sharing with us! I WISH I could have lived in that era!

Great show. Really great. Probably the best from '75. BUT, what I don't understand is why it has such a reputation? Is the playing REALLY that much better than the other Seattle & Vancouver gigs then, or the 3 LA gigs after it? I think the LA gigs are probably a little better (if all equal quality soundboards existed and were listened to side-by-side) than 3.21.75. I think 3.20.75 is superb, but I don't hear folks raving about it. Maybe the warm, rich, excellent audience recording made 3.21.75 sound better than it would on a SBD? IDK.

I'd take the LA 75 or 77 gigs on soundboard, but 3.21.75 in Seattle really is a stellar performance. All the way through. B)

One of my first live zeppelin (underground/unofficial cd's) was the Super Slinky 4 show box set, audience recordings from 3/17, 3/19, 3/20, and 3/21, which was probably why I started collecting more recordings, and eventually finding more soundboards. Thats where it all started for me! Not sure the actual name of the set, but the cover art is the ernie ball super slinky guitar strings case, with the title and dates etc. Great 4 audience recordings too. Those are the definition of "good/great audience recordings", which sometimes are better listens the soundboards, for an all-rounded live listening experience. B)

edit: on second thought, i think my first were 2 box sets of 2 shows each, one set with the 2 vancouver shows and the other set with the 2 seattle shows. at any rate, thats where I started!

Great show. Really great. Probably the best from '75. BUT, what I don't understand is why it has such a reputation? Is the playing REALLY that much better than the other Seattle & Vancouver gigs then, or the 3 LA gigs after it? I think the LA gigs are probably a little better (if all equal quality soundboards existed and were listened to side-by-side) than 3.21.75. I think 3.20.75 is superb, but I don't hear folks raving about it. Maybe the warm, rich, excellent audience recording made 3.21.75 sound better than it would on a SBD? IDK.

I'd take the LA 75 or 77 gigs on soundboard, but 3.21.75 in Seattle really is a stellar performance. All the way through. B)

The playing in this show is amazing! Right up there with the LA shows. This is zep at there peak!!!!! This show is one of the best definitely! When you listen to this show straight through, you get so into it, it really pulls you in and each song is a musical story that takes you on many journeys! I really got into this show. The Long Beach 12th show is also one of the BEST from the tour! Thats another show that is just perfect. Really takes you out there. And the LA shows are definitely top notch zep! The 40 some minute Dazed is just something out of this world! ANd all of the other long improves during these shows! I really love the LA shows and you can tell that they did too!!!!

Archived