the "BLAST OFF" solo in "IN THE EVENING"

z1inspector

On 12/18/2015 at 12:01 PM, IpMan said:

When they played again in 98' Page was, IMO, at the pinnacle of his guitar prowess, even better than his Zeppelin abilities.

Damn that is one controversial statement. I love it. Don't agree at all but love your balls for saying it. 

Only saw them on the 95 tour and Page was pure fire the whole time. Amazing. 

• 6 months later...
On 1/28/2022 at 9:23 AM, hummingbird69 said:

where in that clip does he do the Blast Off thingy?? I didn't see or hear it in that clip.  Also;  I hate the sound of Jimmy's guitar there. I think he's trying way to hard with the bar and the results are not to my liking.

Not sure Hbird69 , i prob need to start the reasearch all over again , because theirs likely more material outthere now , which means maybe more attempts by jimmy!?

wish some more of the members would post some attemps of the blastoff on this thread.

its still an amazing thing that after more than a decade he was still comming up with NEW things that just blew everyones mind .  

& pushed that song to even further heights!

SMH!

On 8/22/2020 at 10:08 AM, Wolfman said:

Hell no. He never had the speed again that he had in Europe 73. He was great in 1998 but no where near his peak in themid-70's. The little notes and riffs between the notes are what was missing in his later days. 

Great way to break it down to something easy to understand for us wolfman,

re’ whats missing in the later yrs.

maybe one of us can post an example of 73 & a 98  for us to compare ?

Or

Perhaps you have a good 73’ example in your head to reference us to ? 

Thnx again

On 1/28/2022 at 9:23 AM, hummingbird69 said:

where in that clip does he do the Blast Off thingy?? I didn't see or hear it in that clip.  Also;  I hate the sound of Jimmy's guitar there. I think he's trying way to hard with the bar and the results are not to my liking.

Update scroll back to Feb 2016 in THIS THREAD, i posted a good example & a tip for what the camra man is got up on the screen rite when he starts to blastoff.

but camara man or the editor switches the camara view from the violin to jimmy within a second of the blastoff !

LMK what u think