TEEs

zarrebel

If I see anyone wearing a black reproduction 1977 tour shirt, I have an insatiable to kill them.... slowly. holyfuck, these are everywhere being worn by usually-a-ramones-shirt-wearing ditzy chicks.

Really...its as bad as those fuckin misfits smiling skeleton logo emo/goth grabs.

If I see anyone wearing a black reproduction 1977 tour shirt, I have an insatiable to kill them.... slowly. holyfuck, these are everywhere being worn by usually-a-ramones-shirt-wearing ditzy chicks.

Really...its as bad as those fuckin misfits smiling skeleton logo emo/goth grabs.

It is not such a bad think. Hopefully these repro tees will help these youngsters get the message. They may drive interest and the new generation will stop listening to this crap that now tops the charts.

Besides us old Zep heads can't really wear our tees from the 70's. Mine were so badly faded and torn, that I cut the logos out and saved them.

I was thrilled with the fact that I got a tee with my DVD of tsrts. When I wear it my students ask about it because they are familiar them now. I'm educating 13 -17 year olds about real music. Their music is limited to Lil' wayne little Boosie and Britney. I'll be wearing all my rock bands from now on.

It is not such a bad think. Hopefully these repro tees will help these youngsters get the message. They may drive interest and the new generation will stop listening to this crap that now tops the charts.

Yea....no.

My sample size is El Camino college, filled with impressionable 18-25yo riffraff. I've gone up initially impressed and asked 4 people wearing these 77 shirts (well, one was a hoodie...which i'm sure as shit cant be considered retro despite the '77 logo...thick baggy hoodies in '77!?) and NONE were fans of zep. They dig the gothic typography and the naked angel logo...and well, LED ZEPPELIN is a really cool name for any band at any time.

The actual zep fans are the ones wearing the modern, geeky shirts. Its the poseurs that go for retro stuff.

Its the same overall trend now of why all the trendy clothing stores are selling pricey shit that looks like its been worn for 20 years. y'know, faded/torn/paint splattered jeans....pre-stressed/cracked screenprinted graphics on t-shirts and the like.

Yea....no.

My sample size is El Camino college, filled with impressionable 18-25yo riffraff. I've gone up initially impressed and asked 4 people wearing these 77 shirts (well, one was a hoodie...which i'm sure as shit cant be considered retro despite the '77 logo...thick baggy hoodies in '77!?) and NONE were fans of zep. They dig the gothic typography and the naked angel logo...and well, LED ZEPPELIN is a really cool name for any band at any time.

The actual zep fans are the ones wearing the modern, geeky shirts. Its the poseurs that go for retro stuff.

Its the same overall trend now of why all the trendy clothing stores are selling pricey shit that looks like its been worn for 20 years. y'know, faded/torn/paint splattered jeans....pre-stressed/cracked screenprinted graphics on t-shirts and the like.

I feel ya, :o

The skater punks are wearing the same stuff around here. Few of them listen to the music but they want to fit in. They all look exactly alike. Their clothes look twenty years old but they use mommies top $ to get it.

When we were growing up we had to scrape twenty bucks together and beg our friends who were going to the concert to buy us a t-shirt that most of the time didn't fit, But we liked it. :D

And walked to school uphill both ways. blahblah.gif

Except there's not, because I actually listen to Led Zeppelin.

Poseurs are inherently fake + your quote taken at face value = the irony

Don't ask me to do it in algebra though; my x's and n's shall forever be but mere letters in the alphabet.

Archived