notasdebebe

10 minutes ago, notasdebebe said:

Please help me. I just recently got into this band in my twenties! I must have been living under a rock. I heard a few songs and I just really loved the vibe I got. 

I'm jealous. I'd give anything to have that adrenaline rush of hearing Zep songs for the first time again. Almost every song of theirs has some kind on interesting story behind it. So before indulging too much, I'd find some kind of guide or book that explains the details of each track, then start listening from the first album. 

Then after listening to an album, find some live stuff from the same era on YouTube to see how much the live versions differ from the album. That would be a cool experience.

@gibsonfan159 Thank you thank you thank you! That makes so much sense! Trust me the feeling is amazing. It's really different from the music I usually listen to. But that's the reason why it's that much more amazing. 

You wouldn't happen to know of any books/guide that would be able to assist would you?

Buy the first album, lie down on the couch, crank it up as loud as you are able to, close your eyes, and enjoy. Spend three weeks with it, buy the next album, rinse and repeat. That's how I did it anyways, and was in pure bliss all the way through. 

48 minutes ago, notasdebebe said:

@gibsonfan159 Thank you thank you thank you! That makes so much sense! Trust me the feeling is amazing. It's really different from the music I usually listen to. But that's the reason why it's that much more amazing. 

You wouldn't happen to know of any books/guide that would be able to assist would you?

I'm sure googling the songs will bring up quite a bit of info, but here's a straightforward book that's not too bad. Cheap too.

https://www.ebay.com/p/Stories-Behind-Every-Song-Led-Zeppelin-Dazed-and-Confused-The-Stories-Behind-Every-Song-by-Chris/269023?iid=142366726619&chn=ps

Archived