Robert Plant @ at Silver Clef Awards.

sam_webmaster

• Administrators

Robert Plant jokes: Led Zeppelin reunion will take place in a chip shop

The singer was collecting the outstanding prize at the Silver Clef Awards.

By Andrew Arthur | July 6 2018

rp-7618.jpg

Led Zeppelin singer Robert Plant has joked that the rock band’s much speculated reunion would only be able to happen in a chip shop.

Plant, 69, has reportedly been speaking to former bandmates Jimmy Page, 74, and John Paul Jones, 72, about how the group will mark its 50th anniversary.

When asked if they would be getting back together on stage to perform for the occasion, Plant quipped: “Only in a chip shop in Camden Town! I think that’s about as close as we will get to it!

“We are very pleased and glad with our very, very short career. If you think about it, it’s only 12 years. We get on OK, but, you know…”

The surviving members of the group, formed in 1968, last played as Led Zeppelin at a show at London’s O2 Arena in London in December 2007.

Jason Bonham, the son of the group’s late drummer John Bonham, filled in for his father for the reunion concert.

Plant was speaking ahead of the ceremony for the 2018 Silver Cleft Awards in London where he collected the outstanding prize.

He is currently in the midst of a global tour with his current backing group The Sensational Space Shifters.

When asked if Led Zeppelin could be coerced into headlining Glastonbury music festival next year, he replied: “Nobody needs coercing, you either want to do something or you don’t; or you can or you can’t.”

Press Association

https://www.independent.ie/entertainment/music/robert-plant-jokes-led-zeppelin-reunion-will-take-place-in-a-chip-shop-37087891.html

On 7/6/2018 at 5:14 PM, Mook said:

That man bag is completely unacceptable.

I've just burned all my Zeppelin albums.

Agreed, this bag looks pretty shitty, but he did not carry it without a cause.

On his way home from the Awards  he took a rest in a lovely park, opened his bag & took out the cigarette-papers and some.........

And you know how it is.....

BTW, do you know if he lives in the north of London, he mentions Camden Town quite often.

2 hours ago, Autumn Moon said:

Agreed, this bag looks pretty shitty, but he did not carry it without a cause.

On his way home from the Awards  he took a rest in a lovely park, opened his bag & took out the cigarette-papers and some.........

And you know how it is.....

BTW, do you know if he lives in the north of London, he mentions Camden Town quite often.

He used to have a house in Primrose Hill though I think he primarily resides in the Midlands.

On 7/11/2018 at 1:33 AM, tenyearsgone21 said:

He used to have a house in Primrose Hill though I think he primarily resides in the Midlands.

Ah, I see- Primrose Hill isn´t really far away from Camden. I have noticed that over the past years he gave most of his interviews in cafes or kebab houses situated in Camden.

Thanks for the info.

• 3 years later...
On 7/6/2018 at 11:24 AM, blindwillie127 said:

Well, he's certainly got the man boobs to go along with it, so what the hell. 

🙄 Let us all know what you carry around and what your body is like when you're 70 FFS.  Such petty bullshit. @Autumn Moon as well, but you burned your albums, so...

11 hours ago, sileas.cat said:

🙄 Let us all know what you carry around and what your body is like when you're 70 FFS.  Such petty bullshit. @Autumn Moon as well, but you burned your albums, so...

You are much too kind, but I think you are just a little confused. Take a closer look and you will see that I responded to a  comment Mook made. And no, I really don´t think Mook burned his albums, that was ironic.

Welcome to the forum!