A Better Recording Of Atlanta 1977???

Old Man

I am asking everyone to please give me any information that you have on this and to please correct me if I am wrong. 

Atlanta is my city and of course, being the Ledhed that I am, I am definitely interested in anything Led Zeppelin had to do with the city itself or even the State of Georgia.

I have heard, and please correct me if I am wrong, that there is a better quality or a remastered version of the Atlanta 1977 show.  Does anything know anything about this?

Thank you all.

• 1 year later...
On 9/17/2018 at 5:02 PM, ZepHead315 said:

Unfortunately there is only one tape from this show that is currently circulating, and it sounds pretty crappy. If there is a remastered version out there, I doubt it's much of an improvement considering what we have to work with is pretty lackluster.

I'm trying to track down the known 2nd gen version of the Atlanta tape to upgrade my old "How Many More Years Gone With The Wind" boot- I would presume the 2nd gen transfer is probably the best this show is gonna sound at this point...

23 hours ago, Nutrocker said:

I'm trying to track down the known 2nd gen version of the Atlanta tape to upgrade my old "How Many More Years Gone With The Wind" boot- I would presume the 2nd gen transfer is probably the best this show is gonna sound at this point...

Thought I had it, but I didn't, a kind soul here has offered to send it to me. That said, you could spend a decade trying to clean up the sound of this recording and it'd still be a fuckin' coin toss.

22 hours ago, Nutrocker said:

Thought I had it, but I didn't, a kind soul here has offered to send it to me. That said, you could spend a decade trying to clean up the sound of this recording and it'd still be a fuckin' coin toss.

Nope, I've got it after all😅 It was in that old carousel of discs I found this weekend, where all those other '77 alternate sources I've been putting up at the Den came from...