Peter Grants Resting Place

1 hour ago, Chris Birghton said:

This is pretty close by:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nutley_Windmill

This is almost certainly the windmill from the film given that it is the only windmill in the area and has an unusual shape and window position which matches that in the Song Remains the Same. Ill visit that as well :)

Agreed! In the film, the horse riders move past the camera as shown from this perspective.

3580054810_7931e5d9de_b.jpg

21 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Agreed! In the film, the horse riders move past the camera as shown from this perspective.

3580054810_7931e5d9de_b.jpg

Interesting thing is there is no reference to this anywhere online. I doubt even the owners of the windmill are aware of it, probably one of those things that has been lost in time. I will take a trip up the road tomorrow and get some shots of the church and windmill, it is a only 25 minute up the road.

1 hour ago, Chris Birghton said:

Interesting thing is there is no reference to this anywhere online. I doubt even the owners of the windmill are aware of it, probably one of those things that has been lost in time. I will take a trip up the road tomorrow and get some shots of the church and windmill, it is a only 25 minute up the road.

Such knowledge is very obscure and not widely known whatsoever. On the other hand, David Pinnegar, owner of Hammerwood House in East Grinstead, was well aware of that properties connection to Led Zeppelin and their film when I met privately with him just over 20 years ago. He provided me a guided tour of the entire home and even showed me the two possibilities for the interior shot of Peter Grant in the door frame.

https://www.ft.com/content/79c7c444-a788-11e8-926a-7342fe5e173f  

• 5 months later...

Those taken a couple of days ago. Spoke with the groundskeeper who said he sees a lot of people - mostly American - visiting and looking for the grave. He'd met Peter a few times and described him as "just an old guy". He'd cut a tree down for him and Peter gave him a bit of a help clearing the debris afterwards. 

Such an insignificant stone for a man of such significance. Sad, but nice in a weird way. 

• 10 months later...
On 12/4/2019 at 5:08 PM, SteveAJones said:

Peter Grant's bedroom circa 1977-78. 

1977 or 78 Horselunges Master Bedroom  001.jpg

Steve, you know this photo is mine and you lifted off of the Richard Cole Facebook Page, Please give me the credit for this photo or I will take legal action on any monies made.  Credit: Cindy Russell  you always credit the person who's photo it is. 

On 4/21/2021 at 3:11 AM, Cindy Russell said:

Steve, you know this photo is mine and you lifted off of the Richard Cole Facebook Page, Please give me the credit for this photo or I will take legal action on any monies made.  Credit: Cindy Russell  you always credit the person who's photo it is. 

Cindy Russell has graciously shared many of her personal photos through the years on the Richard Cole Appreciation Society Facebook page and elsewhere, this being one of them. I have always felt that Peter (and Richard) were fortunate to have such a loyal friend in their lives and I have missed exchanging posts with her online.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/5/2019 at 9:35 AM, Stryder1978 said:

I thought the same at first, but some people (myself included) don't even want a plot, let alone a headstone. 

I agree.  Live your life large, don't rely on a grave marker to be your testament to when you were here.