Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Chris Birghton

Peter Grants Resting Place

1 hour ago, Chris Birghton said:

This is pretty close by:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nutley_Windmill

This is almost certainly the windmill from the film given that it is the only windmill in the area and has an unusual shape and window position which matches that in the Song Remains the Same. Ill visit that as well :)

Agreed! In the film, the horse riders move past the camera as shown from this perspective.

3580054810_7931e5d9de_b.jpg

21 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Agreed! In the film, the horse riders move past the camera as shown from this perspective.

3580054810_7931e5d9de_b.jpg

Interesting thing is there is no reference to this anywhere online. I doubt even the owners of the windmill are aware of it, probably one of those things that has been lost in time. I will take a trip up the road tomorrow and get some shots of the church and windmill, it is a only 25 minute up the road.

1 hour ago, Chris Birghton said:

Interesting thing is there is no reference to this anywhere online. I doubt even the owners of the windmill are aware of it, probably one of those things that has been lost in time. I will take a trip up the road tomorrow and get some shots of the church and windmill, it is a only 25 minute up the road.

Such knowledge is very obscure and not widely known whatsoever. On the other hand, David Pinnegar, owner of Hammerwood House in East Grinstead, was well aware of that properties connection to Led Zeppelin and their film when I met privately with him just over 20 years ago. He provided me a guided tour of the entire home and even showed me the two possibilities for the interior shot of Peter Grant in the door frame.

https://www.ft.com/content/79c7c444-a788-11e8-926a-7342fe5e173f