Santa Jimmy

Bilbo the Rover

I came across this article a couple of weeks ago, I just havent had the time to post it. It's an article about Loch Ness and the Beastie said to reside there in, had a nice blurb about Jimmy though. Here's the quote and a link to the full article for those interested. " Jimmy Page of Led Zeppelin, a Crowley fan, owned Boleskine House in the 1970s and is said to have conducted occult rituals of his own there. Nevertheless, said Dunnett, the guitarist endeared himself to the locals by personally selecting and wrapping Christmas presents for every child in the community.

"He may have been the wild man of rock 'n' roll," said Dunnett, "but he's fondly thought of in these parts." Website

I came across this article a couple of weeks ago, I just havent had the time to post it. It's an article about Loch Ness and the Beastie said to reside there in, had a nice blurb about Jimmy though. Here's the quote and a link to the full article for those interested. " Jimmy Page of Led Zeppelin, a Crowley fan, owned Boleskine House in the 1970s and is said to have conducted occult rituals of his own there. Nevertheless, said Dunnett, the guitarist endeared himself to the locals by personally selecting and wrapping Christmas presents for every child in the community.

"He may have been the wild man of rock 'n' roll," said Dunnett, "but he's fondly thought of in these parts." Website

My mum live in London late 60s-mid 70s and her friend lived in Pangbourne. Jimmy used to be a regular at the pub there and was very well liked. Seems to be a pretty standard story with Jimmy - very likable and personable.

From Lashtal.com :

HISTORY Boleskine House was built in the late Eighteenth Century o­n land acquired from the Church by the Honourable Archibald Fraser, a relative of Lieutenant General Simon Fraser, Lord Lovat at the time. The Honourable Archibald Fraser reputedly chose this site for a house in order to irritate Lord Lovat, whose lands surrounded the property, in retribution for Lord Lovat's support of the English during the Jacobite Rebellion of 1745.

The associations with the Fraser family can also be seen in the Boleskine Burial Ground situated below the B852. Recognised as a site of historic interest the burial ground holds several of the family graves and is notable for the remains of the original Chapel and Grave Watcher's Hut. The Grave Watcher was employed to prevent body snatchers from defiling the graves.

Boleskine House remained in Fraser family ownership until the late Nineteenth or early Twentieth Century. Since then there have been several owners.

I love that little hut, which is actually made of concrete by the way. I'd rather stay there than in many modern hotels, and I have. It's a shame the interior is vandalized from time to time.

You make me jealous on a daily basis, Steve.

So... how did you get to stay in the Watcher Hut? Was it part of the B&B or do you just "have people"? ;-)

I have emphathy for you, believe me, but it's not unique to your town. Western culture is circling the drain. 357 channels and nothing on. Product placement. Cellphones. It's

going to take a Wham reunion to heal the world. Wake me up before you go-go.

Yeah, true. But the people here are going 'effing nuts, gang activity and pregged junior high girls. It's a very small town and most of the other small towns in the area have been able to avoid it all. The towns north and south of where I live are empty right now because all the tourists are gone for the winter and sometimes my parents think about moving to one of them to get away from the crap going on around where I live. Mind you, Kalamazoo is my university town- my real home is outside a small town about forty minutes north and west of it by the lake.

I've been thru there before and Kalamazoo seemed to be in decline even then. Sounds

like you live near Saugatuck. Went thru there not long after the Page/Plant concert in

Grand Rapids, 6/29/98. Holland, MI is a nice place to stop and visit if your a tourist. So,

will Jimmy be donning a Santa Suit in the Headmaster thread? LOL.

Yeah, I live around those towns. Holland scares me because of all the religious Dutch people. :lol: I live a ways north of Holland. Kalamazoo is becoming a bad place, it might not be much longer and it will be rivaling Detroit and Flint. My cousins live there perminately and their apartment has been broken into twice in the last year and their cars have been robbed several times over the past few years. I don't think that will happen, but you have to keep reading to see what else is going to. If you're behind you're going to have some time to catch up because I'm currently finishing some things before start typing more.

The cemetary is across the road from Boleskine House, which is now a B&B. Cemetaries

are public property and the Watcher's Hut was not locked. It overlooks Loch Ness too.

Ah, I was under the impression that the cemetary was part of the estate. I've seen pics of the cemetary somewhere...looks lovely.

Archived