Finding footage of 69/70?

N707

Royal Albert Hall in 1970 for starters. It is available from all major outlets as it was officially released called Led Zeppelin DVD

1969 There are a few bits about. Texas International Pop Festival - You Tube 

There were major rumours of film from The Schaefer Music Festival in Central Park on 21st July 1969. The whole show. But it never materialised. I never know whatever happened to this as there is a good tape of that show and they were outstanding

8 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Royal Albert Hall in 1970 for starters. It is available from all major outlets as it was officially released called Led Zeppelin DVD

1969 There are a few bits about. Texas International Pop Festival - You Tube 

There were major rumours of film from The Schaefer Music Festival in Central Park on 21st July 1969. The whole show. But it never materialised. I never know whatever happened to this as there is a good tape of that show and they were outstanding

Thanks 🙏 

1. The two Communication Breakdown promo videos from 69.
2. Very short bits from the Fillmore East 1/31/69.
3. Danish TV March 69, of course.
4. "Dazed and Confused" on the Supershow film.
5. "You Shook Me" and "Babe I'm Gonna Leave You" which were mimed for the Beat Club programme also in March.
6. Backstage clips with The Who at Columbia, Maryland 5/25/69.
7. The "Tous en Scene" French TV programme in June 69 (Communication Breakdown + Dazed and Confused).
8. Short clips of Atlanta 69, Charlotte 70, Reykjavik 70, Germany in July 70 and Honolulu 70.

A bit of googling will lead to any and all of these items.

We're also resolved to hold the good Professor Chibnall to his claim that 2020 is the year we'd see Peter Whitehead's Bath 1970 film. As the distinguished Judge Smails once said "Well?......We're waiting."

• 1 month later...
21 hours ago, mrlowry said:

Is there any information on how much footage of the Zeppelin performance at the Texas International Pop Festival exists?  What is the source?  Is the available clip complete or is there more and it is just a sample?

At the time of the festival, a local TV station in Texas planned a documentary film about the entire festival. They compiled footage of many of the artists on the bill. The footage was never prepared for broadcast and only exists in rather crude form, but there's a video titled Got No Shoes, Got No Blues you might seek out. It contains much of the footage taken by the station including parts of Zeppelin's Dazed and Confused. Mine has some Isle of Wight 1970 film tacked on; a nice bonus.

As for other available Zeppelin footage, there's a compilation of 16mm film of their performance including parts of I Can't Quit You, Dazed, You Shook Me, How Many More Times and Communication Breakdown. It runs about 11 minutes total.

On 7/16/2020 at 6:16 PM, Zep Hed said:

We're also resolved to hold the good Professor Chibnall to his claim that 2020 is the year we'd see Peter Whitehead's Bath 1970 film. As the distinguished Judge Smails once said "Well?......We're waiting."

Tick Tick Tick..............................