Happy 1973 Madison Square Gardens Anniversary

joeboy

Jimmy was on fire.  Maybe because of the cameras but I believe he hit his peak on the first night.  For everyone who still think Jimmy was spaced out on drugs during this time....your wrong.  Nobody plays like that on coke, booze, or heroin.  Thank God the idea to film popped into Jimmy head in Boston a few days earlier.  Even with a sprained hand he pulled off a monumental achievement.

I used to go see this all the time at the midnight movies they showed at the local theater back then, in the early 80's.  Definitely started my love of Zeppelin.  I was already a fan before I saw it, but the visual impact turned me into a fanatic.  A memory that stands out is, one night I saw it, I had a cold.  My friend and I were the only clean-cut kids in a sea of bikers and hippies.  I was sniffling during STH and I was worried the long-hairs were going to think I was a wimp for crying during the song, my buddy thought they were going to think I was snorting something and ask for some!