LED ZEPPELIN THE CAN BOOTLEG

VINNY B

I used to have this bootleg when it first came out.When I had my first child I needed the money,so I had to sell it along with a ton of Zep boots.Should have never sold that one.I was wondering if anyone has a download of it so I can burn it.It would be easier that way than trying to do it yourself ,getting the sources and shows that they used.I am really surprised that no company did a cd version of it.SO IF ANYONE KNOWS OF A DOWNLOAD SITE OR CAN POST IT FOR DOWNLOAD IT WOULD BE APPRECIATED.THANKS

21 hours ago, VINNY B said:

I used to have this bootleg when it first came out.When I had my first child I needed the money,so I had to sell it along with a ton of Zep boots.Should have never sold that one.I was wondering if anyone has a download of it so I can burn it.It would be easier that way than trying to do it yourself ,getting the sources and shows that they used.I am really surprised that no company did a cd version of it.SO IF ANYONE KNOWS OF A DOWNLOAD SITE OR CAN POST IT FOR DOWNLOAD IT WOULD BE APPRECIATED.THANKS

In the Can ? Never heard of it, what venue, what year, what month, what day was it recorded, AUD or SBD.

Edited by JTM

18 hours ago, VINNY B said:

All of this content exists in better quality / better sources since this came out 30+ yrs ago.

https://www.discogs.com/Led-Zeppelin-Led-Zeppelin-The-Can/release/5742942

R-5742942-1401423059-6501.jpeg.jpg

R-5742942-1401423066-9219.jpeg.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/19/2022 at 9:34 PM, Danstheman said:

Yes I have a Can and you are correct the content is a repressing of various zep boots.  It’s all about just holding The Can and knowing you own one of 300(?) some sources say there are only 200.  

i hear that a lot and it is untrue, prob a 80's rumor. 300 copies exist, they are pretty well documented now 

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, TheEnforcer3 said:

I saw one about 15yrs ago in Rodeo Records located in downtown Salem, OR.  Didn't even bother to look at the price knowing it was out of my range.

There was a guy a few years back who would email me once or twice a year for quite some time (years). He'd send me obviously legitimate photos of

The Can in his (or someone's) possession and offer to sell it. The strangest thing is whenever I would offer to travel to where he was (elsewhere in Japan) 

to make the purchase and pick up he'd stop communicating with me. Several months to a year later he'd resume negotiations. Initial contact was completely

unsolicited, and I had never said I was looking for one, so I'm unsure what his motivation was. If he felt he was taunting me he wasn't -- I could not care less

one way or the other. Towards the end I usually gave a one line reply like "Confirm price, pick up time, date and location" without caring if he replied or not.  

Just now, SteveAJones said:

There was a guy a few years back who would email me once or twice a year for quite some time (years). He'd send me obviously legitimate photos of

The Can in his (or someone's) possession and offer to sell it. The strangest thing is whenever I would offer to travel to where he was (elsewhere in Japan) 

to make the purchase and pick up he'd stop communicating with me. Several months to a year later he'd resume negotiations. Initial contact was completely

unsolicited, and I had never said I was looking for one, so I'm unsure what his motivation was. If he felt he was taunting me he wasn't -- I could not care less

one way or the other. Towards the end I usually gave a one line reply like "Confirm price, pick up time, date and location" without caring if he replied or not.  

Actually, I misspoke above. The negotiations centered around Led Zeppelin: The Final Option which is a 70 LP boxed set released the same year as The Can.

Shipping would have cost a fortune so it was cheaper to fly to pick it up. However, as I said, a few years of email exchanges amounted to nothing.

Bought "The Can" in 1986 in NYC at Record shop on West 8th and 7th Ave called "It's Only Rock n Roll". It was right down the block from Electric Ladyland Studios. Store had four or five of them in the rack at the time. They had a ton of Zep bootlegs there all the time, naturally all in vinyl. My friends and I would take the train from Brooklyn just to visit this shop and Bleeker Bob's. Then we went down to J&R Music World on NYC's Park Row. All three stores are long gone. I remember that I had saved in order to splurge to buy " The Can" as it was $ 40.00 !! Big money for a 15 year old kid. I did buy it and still have it today. I only played it once and packed it away. I will never sell it.