What Are You Listening To At This Moment?

The Pagemeister

Tuesday's Gone - Lynyrd Skynyrd

My 9-year old son loves this song. Whenever we're in the car and this song is playing, I covertly check my rear-view mirror and I see him gently swaying back and forth and mouthing the words. Sometimes, he'll actually air-guitar it.

Of course, he doesn't know I see this or he'd be self-conscious and wouldn't do it.

He's even added it to his playlist on my iPod.

Ya' gotta respect the classics man! That's my boy.

Tuesday's Gone - Lynyrd Skynyrd

My 9-year old son loves this song. Whenever we're in the car and this song is playing, I covertly check my rear-view mirror and I see him gently swaying back and forth and mouthing the words. Sometimes, he'll actually air-guitar it.

Of course, he doesn't know I see this or he'd be self-conscious and wouldn't do it.

He's even added it to his playlist on my iPod.

Ya' gotta respect the classics man! That's my boy.

Sweet Home Alabama by LYNYRD SKYNYRD. ROCK ON FOREVER!

Growing up, my mom was a big rock n' roll fan. So I was exposed to a lot of classic rock as a child in the 70's (born in 1966). Heard Zep frequently. They were just one of the bands my mom liked.

But then, I was at the gym one day watching VH1 on the treadmill, and out comes Robert Plant on the screen in the Gone, Gone, Gone video with AK. I actually said out loud, "Oh my gosh that's Robert Plant!" Not really sure if anyone heard that or not. That was November of 2007 when Raising Sand came out.

I think the album is brilliant, almost magical to me. That started me on my obsession with all things Robert Plant and Led Zeppelin. Since January, 2008, I have been a full-blown Led Zeppelin freak. I have definitely made up for lost time, acquiring their music and learning everything I can about them.

My family and friends have finally settled into the place where they just accept it and don't even tease me about it anymore. :)

In September, 2008, my husband took me down to see RP and AK in St. Louis. His employer (he drives a semi) was able to incorporate work into the trip, so we went down together in the Peterbilt. What a blast we had!

Okay, I'll stop now.

Growing up, my mom was a big rock n' roll fan. So I was exposed to a lot of classic rock as a child in the 70's (born in 1966). Heard Zep frequently. They were just one of the bands my mom liked.

But then, I was at the gym one day watching VH1 on the treadmill, and out comes Robert Plant on the screen in the Gone, Gone, Gone video with AK. I actually said out loud, "Oh my gosh that's Robert Plant!" Not really sure if anyone heard that or not. That was November of 2007 when Raising Sand came out.

I think the album is brilliant, almost magical to me. That started me on my obsession with all things Robert Plant and Led Zeppelin. Since January, 2008, I have been a full-blown Led Zeppelin freak. I have definitely made up for lost time, acquiring their music and learning everything I can about them.

My family and friends have finally settled into the place where they just accept it and don't even tease me about it anymore. :)

In September, 2008, my husband took me down to see RP and AK in St. Louis. His employer (he drives a semi) was able to incorporate work into the trip, so we went down together in the Peterbilt. What a blast we had!

Okay, I'll stop now.

I've had the priviledge of driving a Peterbilt semi and what fun that was. I tried to floor that semi all the way but the cops pulled me over and gave me a ticket. Some fun that was. And this was during Christmas time. The weird part about this was the cop was dressed in a santa's outfit and was giving tickets as Christmas presents. I told the cop that if you really want to give me a present, take the ticket back and shove it! The cop didn't tell me "have a nice day" or "Merry Christmas" at all after that! Ha Ha! The bitch of it all was that my sister got a ticket the next day at the same exact spot where I got mine. I was with my sister when she got caught. The cop even recognized me from the day before. That cop sure loved giving Christmas tickets as presents, he definitely met his quota for the whole month. I can just imagine what it was like on New Years. Ha Ha! Take care and ROCK ON FOREVER my dear.