When did they stop being "friends"?

Wolfman

Curious when the band stopped being so close, as they were in the early days, and only associated when touring....also why do you think this happened...drugs...egos, etc?

Bonzo's death

They all moved on with their lives (Page had it really tough those years)

Plant has a fantastic solo carreer

Jones produces(?) sometimes other artists

They're still friends, when they perform they still have lots of fun. BUT they aren't close as they were in the good old days.

Bonzo's death

They all moved on with their lives (Page had it really tough those years)

Plant has a fantastic solo carreer

Jones produces(?) sometimes other artists

They're still friends, when they perform they still have lots of fun. BUT they aren't close as they were in the good old days.

I'm talking about the 70's...from all accounts that I've read....that by '77, they weren't as close and didn't hang with each other as much when touring (after shows, etc.)....that the friends vibe had kinda left....from the pix of that era though, you'd think the opposite.

I'm talking about the 70's...from all accounts that I've read....that by '77, they weren't as close and didn't hang with each other as much when touring (after shows, etc.)....that the friends vibe had kinda left....from the pix of that era though, you'd think the opposite.

I've read that Plant felt his and Jimmy's relationship had pretty much dispersed by '77, whereas in '75 and before they were very close.

Pretty much from the time they started touring, they only associated with each other on the road, and didn't see each other when they got home.

I don't think they ever stopped being friends, but certainly the scale of the 1977 tour isolated them. They each had a personal assistant (minder) and tended to go and do their own things. I guess in a way it became more like 'work', not that they lost their passion. But think about you own life, there are people you go to work with and really get on, but you don't necessarily spend every hour of every day with them. It's just a good work relationship...

On the status of their current relationship - Plant was asked when was the last time he had spoken to Jimmy on the phone. Jimmy answered and Robert said, "Hi, it's me." Jimmy replied, "Oh, christ Robert, I've got everyone in the car waiting for me, call you back later."

Archived