Jimmy Page @ It Might Get Loud - Toronto Premiere 2008 (Video)

• Administrators

I know there was a thread on here somewhere back then about the event.... (can't seem to find it)
https://www.ledzeppelin.com/event/september-5-2008

Anyway, here's some of my camera-phone video of the premiere at Ryerson Theatre in Toronto. I didn't see much available on YouTube.

At the hotel, there was a small gathering with Jimmy, The Edge and Jack white before before going to the screening. An after-party was also held at the Soho Metropolitan.

2008-09-05---JP-Toronto-It-Might-Get-Loud-aapass.jpg

I'm pleasantly surprised by how relaxed the proceedings are. Stage lighting doesn't seem that great though...I imagine it may have been better than it appears.

I show the after party was held at the Metro Soho Hotel, with a photo shoot and press conference at the Sutton Place Hotel the following day.

Very cool, Sam!

12 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

I'm pleasantly surprised by how relaxed the proceedings are. Stage lighting doesn't seem that great though...I imagine it may have been better than it appears.

I show the after party was held at the Metro Soho Hotel, with a photo shoot and press conference at the Sutton Place Hotel the following day.

I have been to enough of these things to know that the lighting can be hit-and-miss. If they rely on the regular cinema lighting only, then many times it will be be bright enough for those in attendance but appear dark in photos and videos. That is how it was at my screening of "It Might Get Loud" in Hollywood. But if the theatre hires extra stage lighting then you get a good bright picture for the Q & A.

On 4/4/2022 at 6:17 PM, sam_webmaster said:

I know there was a thread on here somewhere back then about the event.... (can't seem to find it)
https://www.ledzeppelin.com/event/september-5-2008

Anyway, here's some of my camera-phone video of the premiere at Ryerson Theatre in Toronto. I didn't see much available on YouTube.

At the hotel, there was a small gathering with Jimmy, The Edge and Jack white before before going to the screening. An after-party was also held at the Soho Metropolitan.

2008-09-05---JP-Toronto-It-Might-Get-Loud-aapass.jpg

Thanks for posting this video. That was an exciting time in 2008, less than a year after the O2. So many possibilities that could have been. For Zep fans, the highlight of "It Might Get Loud" is of course Jimmy visiting Headley Grange again and they captured that well in the film.