The Making Of Presence - JCM Youtube

• 2 weeks later...

Enjoyed his detailed description of the events surrounding the car crash, the D & C references in Achilles, and the review of albums from the time.  I find it slightly mind-blowing to hear someone say their first experience with Zep was through "Early Days/Latter Days".  You went down the Zep rabbit hole as a teenager the first time while staring at astronauts?  Sorry...just showing my age.  His thoughts on putting Achilles & NFBM back-to-back were interesting.  Jimmy could have made a fade out/fade in between the two that might work quite well and be a great start to the album, but I'm not sure the material on side 2 would be strong enough to stand on its' own.

The drumming during "The Presence Theme" was just sad.  There's so much filler it took 20 minutes to get to the era and album itself. Is he trying to infer that the robbery in New York was mob orchestrated?

I always enjoy listening to the first album & Presence back-to-back.  To me it's like Zep purity from two different eras.