50th Anniversary Madison Square Gardens

Paulus

I'm quite surprised there haven't been any celebrations for this run of shows in New York.  So much history with the robbery of $200,000 and cheap oil before it skyrocketed 2 months later.  Even Richard Cole said it was the end of an era.  Groupies everywhere hanging around.  A different time for sure.  So many gems from the 3 nights.  In Jimmy's own words he regards "The Rain Song" from July 28th as a triumph.  The best ever performances in my opinion are:

1.  The Rain Song   July 28th

2.  Stairway to Heaven  guitar solo   July 27th

3,  No Quarter guitar solo   July 28th

4.  Dazed and Confused   July 27th

5.  Whole lotta Love   July 27th

6.  The Song Remains the Same   July 28th

We should be thankful that Eddie Kramer was there to record the soundtrack.

We could’ve had a 50th anniversary Madison Garden release with all three nights complete, there’s really no reason it couldn’t have happened.  I don’t think a 50th anniversary Earl’s Court release in 2 years is any more likely either.

I think we’ve seen the last of the Zeppelin archival releases from Mr. Page.

He doesn’t owe us anything, but it would be nice to have some of what we know he has in the vault.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/28/2023 at 11:23 PM, slp9b said:

We could’ve had a 50th anniversary Madison Garden release with all three nights complete, there’s really no reason it couldn’t have happened.  I don’t think a 50th anniversary Earl’s Court release in 2 years is any more likely either.

I think we’ve seen the last of the Zeppelin archival releases from Mr. Page.

He doesn’t owe us anything, but it would be nice to have some of what we know he has in the vault.

I think we could get all the top shows that Jimmy still has tapes for if, definitely if, Jimmy would be willing to let other producers have a sniff of what's in the vaults. Considering that there's nothing after 1972(?) been officially released, stuff from 73, 74, 75 and 77 would be a goldmine.

Edited by Jukkin