Caroulselambra Cover-Now This Is So Cool!

I ran into this on YouTube the other day and I couldn't believe how good it was. The female singer is amazing. I hope this is legit as it does sound so close to the original version. Her vocals are so much clearer than Robert's from the studio version. I prefer the later released rough mix around 2015 with  the remastered albums from LZ, but love this version. The beginning of the video is quite cool as you just need to look at the ITTOD cover art and see where this comes from. I think the band is just called "The Secret Team" as what it says in the YT notes. The singer is Susan Kovacs and WOW....what a voice! Much clearer than RP's vocals on the original album.

To me, this is one of the very most underrated Led Zeppelin tracks and not nearly as known as it should be. My favorite from ITTOD. Others that are not as known include For Your Life, In The Light and Custard Pie among them. We know these, but the casual LZ fan may not as some of their best!

Enjoy and please respond on what you think of this whether positive or not! 

Thanks.

I thought about posting this in the "Other Bands" section for a Zep cover band, but hope it's ok here. Otherwise do what you wilt!

This is great. Some initial thoughts:

1. A LOT of thought and love went into this and kudos to everyone involved. It's a musical and visual love letter. I almost teared up a couple times.

2. When the camera first panned to the pic of Jonesy making him look Christ-like, I had to chuckle. Pretty clever. Later in the video, the camera pans back to the same photo then shows us the Mona Lisa, which also made me chuckle, as Jonesy's rocking his typical Mona Lisa smile in the photo. 

3. There are a TON of Easter eggs in this thing, which is putting my inner detective into overdrive lol. I NEED to know what that bartender is saying on the phone (also, wonder if he's meant to symbolize Peter Grant here?). 

4. Everyone does a great job, and the drummer in particular is fantastic. I also love that the guitarist did his own thing with the solo, while still sounding very Page-like, and it  works beautifully.

2 hours ago, 1975NQ said:

1. A LOT of thought and love went into this and kudos to everyone involved. It's a musical and visual love letter. I almost teared up a couple times.

2. When the camera first panned to the pic of Jonesy making him look Christ-like, I had to chuckle. Pretty clever. Later in the video, the camera pans back to the same photo then shows us the Mona Lisa, which also made me chuckle, as Jonesy's rocking his typical Mona Lisa smile in the photo. 

3. There are a TON of Easter eggs in this thing, which is putting my inner detective into overdrive lol. I NEED to know what that bartender is saying on the phone (also, wonder if he's meant to symbolize Peter Grant here?). 

4. Everyone does a great job, and the drummer in particular is fantastic. I also love that the guitarist did his own thing with the solo, while still sounding very Page-like, and it  works beautifully.

It is so well done and a lot of planning and thinking went into this. Especially all the LZ and ITTOD references and the various album covers. Not only this, but this is a great cover of the song.

I suppose someone here could really break this down with a very detailed and comprehensive overview of the song and video.

5 minutes ago, SuperDave said:

It is so well done and a lot of planning and thinking went into this. Especially all the LZ and ITTOD references and the various album covers. Not only this, but this is a great cover of the song.

I suppose someone here could really break this down with a very detailed and comprehensive overview of the song and video.

Totally agree! If I had the time, I would absolutely take it on myself. But it would take me several weeks of my spare time to really do it justice. Right now, I have other side projects I'm working on in my off hours so just don't have the time for it. But I'll bet someone else out there will step up ...

17 hours ago, 1975NQ said:

Wonderful comment my friend.