Search for original "the object"

RobertRie

Original, authentic objects appear on reputable online auction sites from time to time. I've seen perhaps a half a dozen offered over the past 40 years.

Bear in mind that there are reproductions and even fakes being sold for much less. If you use the search function for this forum you'll find some posts

I've made in the past on how to accurately discern the differences between them. All that said, in my opinion, for what it would cost and how long it may

take to purchase one you may be better off opting for something else. 

I have an original “The Object” with the original box and paper stuffing inside. I’m not selling it, but a really clean one with the box can be very spendy these days - like in the $3000 - $6000 range, and sometimes more. 

I would strongly suggest that you read as much as possible on the web about distinguishing fakes from originals, and please be careful, as there are lots of fakes out there being sold as real items. 

It’s not my position to tell you what to buy for your father, but given the potential risk involved with buying a real “The Object”, and the fact that these don’t come up for sale often, you might consider getting him one of the freshly released autographed prints that Jimmy Page just put up for sale on his website. I have purchased from his site before and it is very reputable. I received a damaged item once and they replaced it immediately and gave me something for the inconvenience. The prints are also spendy, but you’ll be in good hands, with very little risk. I think it would make a great 60th birthday gift. Just a thought. Good luck. 

• 1 month later...

I have # 648/1000

Purchased long ago in the late 1970's - the owner ran an ad in Trouser Press magazine - it was up for auction - my bid of $350.00 won the auction -

The Object arrived via USPS in it's original box(sealed/never opened) with my name and address written in black marker on it - a "Warning - The Object Inside" white sticker with red lettering is stuck to the outside of the box - there is a gold color sticker on the bottom of the base of The Object that reads "Alva Museum Replicas,NY" - check for that - the packaging used to protect The Object inside the box is a thick brown paper that's folded and wrapped around The Object - 

Mine has this mysterious "Presence" about it - oscillating both light and dark energy's - it commands my full attention when I'm near it - 

I don't know anyone who has one - 

I'm interested in knowing what happened to or who owns #666/1000 - there are strange stories but nothing confirmed -

Good luck! The Object WILL find you if you're worthy - 

Zufo👁️

-um0aoy.jpg

On 2/18/2024 at 10:01 PM, Zufo said:

I have # 648/1000

I'm interested in knowing what happened to or who owns #666/1000 - there are strange stories but nothing confirmed -

Very interesting story ..I think we know who is likely to own #666/1000 👁️