Nothing left to learn?

Anybody else feel there’s not much left to learn about our favorite band? Have read countless books, articles, live tapes, interviews… sadly I don’t know what’s left to learn.

have some new info on LZ? Something you’ve learned recently?

Just now, paul carruthers said:

Nothing new to learn on my part, just wondering why the band wasn't more adept at recording live shows during their peak years?

This ^ 1000%, compare to the Grateful Dead, the dead have 1000s of hours recordings, epic shows.

i live in Seattle Washington, live close to multiple places they played.. Seattle pop festival where they blow the doors off stage, not recorded. Greenlake, concert on local lake, crazy cool spot and band on fire, not recorded.. it’s a damn shame

2 hours ago, tadpolejar said:

Anybody else feel there’s not much left to learn about our favorite band? Have read countless books, articles, live tapes, interviews… sadly I don’t know what’s left to learn.

If you don't already have one, grab a copy of the book "Evenings with Led Zeppelin". It's over 600 pages of details of Led Zeppelin's live performances, and includes hundreds of pictures of venues, ticket stubs, posters, and a lot more. There's tons of info in there you likely haven't seen before, and if you already have a copy of the book, there's probably lots of stuff you've forgotten. Disclaimer: I am friends IRL with Mike Tremaglio, one of the authors of the book, but don't take my word about how good the book is, checkout the tons of positive reviews for it on Amazon.

And if you want even more info about Zep's live shows, head over to Royal Orleans and search for the following two incredibly detailed threads about Zep's soundboards:

About those 1968-1970 Soundboards...

About those 1971-1980 Soundboards...

I'd also recommend the "Zeppelin Mysteries" thread on this site, which delves into numerous little known areas of the band's history:

Edited by SteveZ98

On 1/6/2024 at 9:23 PM, paul carruthers said:

Nothing new to learn on my part, just wondering why the band wasn't more adept at recording live shows during their peak years?

Couldn't agree more! Especially since I feel Page has referenced having 'loads of unheard material' in interviews. 

On 1/6/2024 at 9:19 PM, tadpolejar said:

Every day is a school day, my friend. Many people mused for years whether the band did ever really play Carnegie Hall, for example. Some said yes, others said no, and then out of the blue turns up an actual recording of the event. Keep looking, keep reading and keep rummaging around.