Led Kravitz

McSeven

From bits I've heard off of his new album it does take a lot from the mighty Zep but I don't that's a bad thing. Bring It On sounds resally good even though it's a reworking of the Custard Pie riff. There's also a song that takes the groovy drum beat from The Crunge but it still sounds new and different.

I think if an artist manages to get a new angle on an old riff I don't mind if they nick it and there's no band better than Led Zeppelin to take influence from when it comes to guitar riffs.

Lenny mentions Zep alot in interviews as being big influences. Here's a good quote I found of him:

"When I first heard rock music this whole new world opened up to me.

"I got into Jimi Hendrix, Cream, the Who and all those great English bands like Led Zeppelin while smoking pot with my friends.

"Later, when I was on tour, Robert Plant actually opened for me. I was being a complete perfectionist pain in the a***, whereas he was so humble and sweet. I was taking things too seriously and being far too intense and in the end he just said to me, “What the f*** is wrong with you? Just loosen up,” and so I did."

If Robert decides not to give er a go I think a really cool replacement would be Lenny. I actually think he would be a good fit for Jonsey, Page and Jason although it could never be called Zeppelin I think it would a blast to see it !!!!

Lenny is cool in my book!!!

RjK

Archived