London

JethroTull

One last thing. Does anybody recommend an interesting music store?

BTW, The Eagles, Velvet Revolver, Kelly Clarkson and I think REM are all doing shows the week I am there. Not sure I'll get to any of them. Well, there are only two of that group I am interested in seeing.

One last thing. Does anybody recommend an interesting music store?

BTW, The Eagles, Velvet Revolver, Kelly Clarkson and I think REM are all doing shows the week I am there. Not sure I'll get to any of them. Well, there are only two of that group I am interested in seeing.

There's the usual HMV etc... But when I used to buy 'a lot' of vinyl/cd's I always visited the Music and Video Exchanges in London. Spread over several shops and districts (Notting Hill, Camden High Street, Sheperds Bush, Soho and Tottenham Court Road) they have a lot of decent stuff and mark down prices each week. Some of the shops have collectibles upstairs. Be warned though to keep an eye on the time because once you get in the stores the hours just shoot by. Notting Hill shops are probably the easiest to get to and offer a fair selection of everything.

Link for Notting Hill MVE

• 2 weeks later...
My trip is being delayed because one of the assholes in our traveling party dislocated a pinky playing basketball.

Awful... :console:

I'm taking a trip to England this next March with my best friend and my son.

We are adventuring from London to the Midlands then to Wales. I'm not certain that I would allow any dislocated body part to delay my trip.

P.S. Does anyone have any suggestions for entertainment in the Midlands? (I'm not terribly into Shakespeare.) ;)

Awful... :console:

I'm taking a trip to England this next March with my best friend and my son.

We are adventuring from London to the Midlands then to Wales. I'm not certain that I would allow any dislocated body part to delay my trip.

P.S. Does anyone have any suggestions for entertainment in the Midlands? (I'm not terribly into Shakespeare.) ;)

If you like history, then Warwick Castle is worth a visit. If you like chocolate (and who doesn't?), you could go to Bourneville, near Birmingham, and visit the chocolate factory there (Cadbury World). If you like theme parks, then Alton Towers has some GREAT white knuckle rides - it's a bit further north up the M6 motorway, but well worth the trip.

If you like history, then Warwick Castle is worth a visit. If you like chocolate (and who doesn't?), you could go to Bourneville, near Birmingham, and visit the chocolate factory there (Cadbury World). If you like theme parks, then Alton Towers has some GREAT white knuckle rides - it's a bit further north up the M6 motorway, but well worth the trip.

Thanks Lilith. I do like history. My family is originally from the Midlands and I am on a hunt to discover what it was that they left. I doubt the "family home" will be explored though. Pity. <_<

Chocolate has my vote for the fifth food group. B)

A dislocated pinky? Geez, hasn't your friend had it popped back into place yet? Tell 'em to slap some ice on it, take some ibuprofen and stop being a wuss... ;)

Where are you staying? We had a great time staying south of the Thames, not so great in Central London.

I can only second what has already been said... the London Eye was really cool. We went at sundown and for once the clouds had cleared, and the views are truly stunning. Don't know why exactly but it was a Sunday evening and we had a very brief wait to get on, no huge lines.

Absolutely go to Kew Gardens, it's beautiful and enchanting. There's a tram that can take you around it, because to walk through it all would be daunting, especially for an 82 year old.

Taking a boat from the Tate to the Tate was another highlight for us. Also enjoyed the tour of the Globe theater, and wished we had time to see a play there.

In addition to some good pub food, the best meal we had was in an Indian restaurant.

HTH. Tell us all about it when you get back!

A dislocated pinky? Geez, hasn't your friend had it popped back into place yet? Tell 'em to slap some ice on it, take some ibuprofen and stop being a wuss... ;)

Where are you staying? We had a great time staying south of the Thames, not so great in Central London.

the wuss B), required surgery on his pinky due to a tendon prohibiting the proper relocation of the joint and has a small cast on his hand. We were going to stay at The Gallery in Kensington.

Archived