ROBERT/ALISON TOUR

I'm definitely going, just trying to decide if I want to go to more than one show. If it was just Robert, I wouldn't need to ask. Wish I could read a review. I know I'll love it because Robert makes everything he does cool. Just not sure how much Alison there will be, and how much I'll like it. Thanks for the info. B)

I'm going to see them in May at the Manchester Apollo. I'm hoping that it will include some upbeat numbers that get the audience on their feet, as much as I like Raising Sand, it does tend to send me to sleep! (How embarrassing would that be? Falling asleep in Percy's presence!) :bagoverhead:

See you there then lilith.

I will also be doing the Birmingham, Wembley and Paris shows.

Wow - you lucky thing! The Birmingham show is the first one, if memory serves me correctly? I do like Manchester Apollo, though - although it's small as a venue, it's got a really intimate feel, and I've never been far from the stage at all the gigs I've been to there. I think I'm in row L this time, so I should get a decent view.

I'm definitely going, just trying to decide if I want to go to more than one show. If it was just Robert, I wouldn't need to ask. Wish I could read a review. I know I'll love it because Robert makes everything he does cool. Just not sure how much Alison there will be, and how much I'll like it. Thanks for the info. B)

I don't know how the show will be either but I'm assuming since it's a Robert Plant/Alison Krauss show, they'll be on the stage equally. It could be they do some songs together and each has a short set alone but I guess we'll have to wait until the first show happens to find out! I'm looking forward to seeing them.

So check out CMT (Country Music Television) online, and watch the "Crossroads" show Robert and Alison did (filmed live in Nashville). I figure that's pretty much what we can expect on this tour. More tickets keep going on-sale here in the U.S., and I'm trying to figure out if I want to go to more than the two shows closest to me.

PS I honestly have no interest in watching Alison on stage by herself. She has a pretty voice, but she'll put me to sleep.

Why assume that? The thing with the Crossroads show is a live concert filmed specifically for television isn't always the same energy and set up of a regular live show. I'd say be open to it and you'll probably be pleasantly surprised :)

I'd make a decision quick as far as getting tickets. Shows have been selling out pretty fast.

Why assume that? The thing with the Crossroads show is a live concert filmed specifically for television isn't always the same energy and set up of a regular live show. I'd say be open to it and you'll probably be pleasantly surprised :)

I'd make a decision quick as far as getting tickets. Shows have been selling out pretty fast.

I'm assuming that because I find most of the shows I go to (ex. Paul McCartney, Robert & The SS, etc.), when they do TV specials around the same time as the tour/new album, the specials are pretty much what I see at the shows (albeit TV performances are often shorter). I think what is going on in my head (other than this not being a Robert solo tour) is my HOPE that Zep will tour soon, and then I'll be spending all my money going broke on tickets and traveling :D:D:D:D:D. Thanks for the heads up on shows selling out. I'm sure a lot of Alison fans will be going. That should be an interesting mix of an audience LOL.

I think you will enjoy it, of course Robert will be there and Alison is great. I think it is cool how these two have come together. Now you have each side that may not have been fans of the other artist before, have gained some new fans I am sure with this project. I can say that I have become a fan of Alison's through her collaboration with Robert. It is gonna be an awesome show and I can't wait!! :)

I'm assuming that because I find most of the shows I go to (ex. Paul McCartney, Robert & The SS, etc.), when they do TV specials around the same time as the tour/new album, the specials are pretty much what I see at the shows (albeit TV performances are often shorter). I think what is going on in my head (other than this not being a Robert solo tour) is my HOPE that Zep will tour soon, and then I'll be spending all my money going broke on tickets and traveling :D:D:D:D:D. Thanks for the heads up on shows selling out. I'm sure a lot of Alison fans will be going. That should be an interesting mix of an audience LOL.

I was more referring to the concerts filmed for tv tend to have a different energy to them - a bit more formal. Maybe being aware it's being filmed. Not to say they're bad because I haven't found that at all. But I also think actually being at a show is much different than watching it on a dvd or tv. Personally I'd not miss out on seeing at least one of Robert/Alison's show :D

Archived