Do you think they'd have played Carouselambra in the middle of D & C

The Bomber

I posted this in the Carouselambra thread but didn't get a reply,they never did it live right?Well i always thought if they made it to the 80's they'd have played Carouselambra and i noticed they used to use the crunge in D & C,so as a crazy idea,picture this:It's 1982,Zep are still playing,you're at a big gig,they play D & C,then comes the bow solo,a few regular jamming solos and when you expect them to burst into The Crunge,JPJ takes to the keyboards and they belt out a full 10-11 minute rendition of Carouselambra,maybe with a guitar solo worked in,extending the at least 25 minute D & C by 10 minutes!That would be excellent IMHO B)

You killed my thread!. LOL I don't think so because dazed and confused was not played since 1975. Also i thought they had rehearsed it a few times which makes me think if they put that much effort into it they would've done it on thier own. It's a Good Question, maybe they included it with another song like no quarter, but I think carouselambra would've been there improv song i.e. Dazed and Confused and No Quarter. The only thing i could think of is that they would've just rearranged it to work. Unless Plant picks up a bass. I always thought when they play a song in a song, it was just a spur of the moment thing. the crunge doesn't seem to need much pratice for them. I really wished sombody ask them about this before.

Page & Plant were playing the middle part of Carouselambra durring the middle section of In The Evening. and they seemed to fit in well together.....I bet they had some intentions on playing it that way in 1980.

I ment it as a joke, but i thought he knew how to play the guitar back then, there is a pic of him holding a mandilion during earls court. Iv'e heard comments before about him playng bass . i don't know if he could do the bass line, so i would just assume JPJ rearrange it. that sound's better with the in the evening part.

Archived