NY 1971-Sept 3 - Is there a better recording than my version?

Predator

I have a bootleg of this concert, 09-04-71 and the sound is crap, but from what i can hear is sounds like one of the best concerts, what is audible of bonzo's fills are amazing, as is what jimmy is playing. Is there a slightly more audible version of this concert?

Not sure about the recordings. If you can, give your EQ a tweak, it can make a big difference. A 10 band Graphic EQ will let you put in more bass, more drums or more guitars. I find boots tend to be bass-heavy, so put back in the high end and you will get a much fresher sound. Mids will give you more guitar and so on

I have a version of this show called "How've Ya Been" its a good clear recording of a GREAT show but IMO its ruined by a noisey taper who cant seem to keep his mouth shut. He talks during songs and evens sings along on WLL. If the taper would've been quiet this would be a GREAT bootleg.

that same guy recorded the MSG show from 2/3/1975...and with the same outcome. great show/ good recording. but thanks to that guy talking throughout the entire performance:....."hey, passs the cigarette pappers!...his voice sounds like shit man...light up another joint!".....lol

Archived