selective service

danielmata

i would go to the front lines without having to be asked twice, i have a fear of flying but that can be overcame very easy if there was ever a draft. my grandpa, my great grandpa, and my great great grandpa all fought in wars, i was brought with stories from my great grandpa about WW2. my old teacher in 10th grade had fought in Afghanistan in 2003 and so did his sister, i don't know where she was though. he brought back a video of amature footage of the war that he personally shot. i told my friend that if i were gonna die young i would want to do it fighting for my country, he called me crazy but i don't care. september 11th effected me profoundly, i was 11 and watching the people jump out of the towers and saw it on the news, heard people crying and even at 11 i wanted to kill whoever did it, then along comes these 9/11 conspiracy claims so im freaking confused.

sorry for the rambling, im tired as hell and annoyed

My dad was Navy for 20 years during the cold war era and he told me that anyone that says they are not scared is insane! But I agree about women going into battle. I have no problem with women in the military, my sister was Navy for 10 years. Even in the battle zone is fine if that is their choice but maybe in a support role like calling in air support,radar and such. I guess it's just my nature to think about protecting the fairer sex that might distract me although I personally know some women that I wouldn't want mad at me

==

It should be their choice. IMO just cannot beat the Navy or a Marine. They are loyal as hell. The men WILL stand up for the women and fight and the women will do the same in return instead of some wishy washy excuses.

As far as elections. God I just dont know and will decide who to vote for soon. The war? We will never know all the true reasons for it. It's their job. They do as they are told.

zepbaby

Oh yeah/ Doc? We had a 20 minute LD discussion on you yesterday. I think we both like the way you put things in perspective. You I would be proud to call a friend. The other one is undecided I think.

:rolleyes:

zepbaby

m_fd60ceb5de3180059eb7ca9a7985af3c.gif

Sometimes it's nice to be at the back of the line.

Good thing you didn't have an overactive competitive spirit and you're alive to enjoy missing out.B)

Unfortunately, my brother Larry was drafted and was at Cu-Chi (where the VC tunnels were) in 1966-67. He got home ok and just in time for the 'Summer Of Love' in San Francisco. :D

I'm glad women aren't required to register for selective service. I don't want to join the military and I sure as hell don't want to fight anywhere. I'm utterly petrified at the thought. I'm glad there are women who do join the military and choose to fight in armed conflict, but they're better and braver than me. I'm 100% chickenshit and proud to admit it.

I'm with you on that one. I'm quite happy to let the big strong men go out and defend the country. I don't think my scrawny little 115lb self would fare too well in battle, and I really don't think I could be a soldier even if I tried.....If there are women out there who could do it, great!!! But it's not for me. This is probably the only area where I am ALL FOR sexism.

Archived