selective service

danielmata

i registered for selective service three months ago when i turned 18, but i just got a letter in the mail saying i never registered, so i just did it over the internet. i was wondering why women don't have to register? women fight in wars just like men do so whats the deal with that? im not trying to

offend anyone or anything, its jsut i grew up around women that were tough and i even got beat up by a girl lol im just curious

Don't worry. Selective service is just in case there is ever a draft, which there won't be. if there is a situation where a draft is needed, you'll likely want to fight in order to save your homeland and the lives of your family.

Anyway, the military, and most government organizations are screwed up and disorganized, so if they think you didn't register, don't worry. They probably messed up, and there's nothing they can do to you.

As far as women go: you don't want women in the military.

I am in the Army, and fortunately I serve in the man's Army. I am an Infantryman. I don't have to deal with women, but I feel bad for those that do.

Just trust me, you don't want women in the military. They should be minimized even now.

We pretend to be frail and weak so we can avoid doing stupid shit like fighting in wars. The upper-class slyly avoided having to get jobs, too, until the '60s came along and busted them.

Just kidding, of course. I have a great respect for those who decide to serve in the military, and completely appreciate the sacrifices they make for our country. And just plain "duh" on the women thing.

i registered for selective service three months ago when i turned 18, but i just got a letter in the mail saying i never registered, so i just did it over the internet. i was wondering why women don't have to register? women fight in wars just like men do so whats the deal with that? im not trying to

offend anyone or anything, its jsut i grew up around women that were tough and i even got beat up by a girl lol im just curious

Don't worry, i tried singing up for that seven times and finally said fuck it.

We pretend to be frail and weak so we can avoid doing stupid shit like fighting in wars. The upper-class slyly avoided having to get jobs, too, until the '60s came along and busted them.

Just kidding, of course. I have a great respect for those who decide to serve in the military, and completely appreciate the sacrifices they make for our country. And just plain "duh" on the women thing.

[acronym="Cool, Im not sure which woman thing your talking about though

the girls not being in selective service or the girls on the guns issues?"]

mouseme

zepbaby

m_fd60ceb5de3180059eb7ca9a7985af3c.gif

[acronym="Cool, Im not sure which woman thing your talking about though

the girls not being in selective service or the girls on the guns issues?"]

mouseme

zepbaby

m_fd60ceb5de3180059eb7ca9a7985af3c.gif

Thanks, I wondered what those black bars were for :blink:

I was born in 1959 so I was 16 when Nam. ended and too old for selective service.

I'm glad women aren't required to register for selective service. I don't want to join the military and I sure as hell don't want to fight anywhere. I'm utterly petrified at the thought. I'm glad there are women who do join the military and choose to fight in armed conflict, but they're better and braver than me. I'm 100% chickenshit and proud to admit it.

I'm glad women aren't required to register for selective service. I don't want to join the military and I sure as hell don't want to fight anywhere. I'm utterly petrified at the thought. I'm glad there are women who do join the military and choose to fight in armed conflict, but they're better and braver than me. I'm 100% chickenshit and proud to admit it.

My dad was Navy for 20 years during the cold war era and he told me that anyone that says they are not scared is insane! But I agree about women going into battle. I have no problem with women in the military, my sister was Navy for 10 years. Even in the battle zone is fine if that is their choice but maybe in a support role like calling in air support,radar and such. I guess it's just my nature to think about protecting the fairer sex that might distract me although I personally know some women that I wouldn't want mad at me :o:D

Don't worry. Women don't actually fight, and are usually out of harm's way, even in a combat zone. Sure, there have been female casualties, but you can't protect them from everything..........

Women in the military are basically useless. They are just allowed to be in because women have rights etc, but no one wants them in, and for good reason.

Don't worry. Women don't actually fight, and are usually out of harm's way, even in a combat zone. Sure, there have been female casualties, but you can't protect them from everything..........

Women in the military are basically useless. They are just allowed to be in because women have rights etc, but no one wants them in, and for good reason.

I play in a band with a woman who has served in Iraq. She is stronger than any man I know, and would throw your ass across the room in a heartbeat :D

I play in a band with a woman who has served in Iraq. She is stronger than any man I know, and would throw your ass across the room in a heartbeat :D

Ok. What's her job?

And no, she wouldn't "throw" my ass anywhere. I'm an Army Infantryman.

Ok. What's her job?

And no, she wouldn't "throw" my ass anywhere. I'm an Army Infantryman.

I forgot, but she saw those massive spiders and helped with some school rebuilding project. About 10 years ago I actually saw her beat the shit out of a large man. I have also seen her pick up a couch and throw it on her back, carry it down 3 flights of stairs and put it in a moving van. Unbelievable.

Women do not suck, and are not useless.............but they don't belong in the military.

Here is what usually happens:

You've been in the Army we'll say, 2 years. A new person comes to your group, a woman. Well, quite soon, she is flirting, and using her female powers to manipulate the men around her, taking the work load off herself. Then sometime later after that, your boss begins fucking the girl. Soon after that, the girl is your boss, meanwhile you have been in the military longer, are more qualified, and are more deserving of more responsibility.

When you add a woman to a predominantly male organization, or you add a women to any group of men, the chemistry becomes real different, real fast. It is just a bad idea, especially in a situation like the military!

Thank goodness I haven't had to put up with this because I am in the man's army, but I have seen it and have heard about it, and it is quite true.

Archived