Robert Plant interview in May 08 Q Magazine

MHD

Jimmy has also filled his sets with Zeppelin songs when given the chance. To be fair - they are all entitled to ride that wagon.

Biut I do agree Hotplant, that there are a lot of solo songs I'd like to hear him do. Actually when I once said that I had heard WLL a million times I was chastised by someone who said they had never had the chance to hear it live and would kill to - so you can't win! ;)

This is a good point. Some of us have been spoiled with seeing the songs done over, and over again.

For some reason it takes on a more special feeling when I see/hear Jimmy do them. OF course even more special if Robert, and JPJ are involved. To this day, I have a hard time enjoying a Zeppelin song being preformed without Jimmy. Without Jimmy, it has no soul, IMO.

This is a good point. Some of us have been spoiled with seeing the songs done over, and over again.

For some reason it takes on a more special feeling when I see/hear Jimmy do them. OF course even more special if Robert, and JPJ are involved. To this day, I have a hard time enjoying a Zeppelin song being preformed without Jimmy. Without Jimmy, it has no soul, IMO.

I agree with some of what you say. As much as I love seeing RP live there really isn't anything like it when Jimmy walks on to a stage for me. B)

But then it is never really the same without RP, JPJ and Bonzo either when Jimmy does Zep stuff.

But I get what i can when I can from any of the guys cos they are who they are and Zep is so important to me. :rolleyes:

You're right, but that's just him - if he's been invited to do an interview he'll speak his mind. Also, I do think that there is a context for this particular remark - the interview was to publicise his projects with Alison Krauss, and I guess he has had a lot of people comment on how they never expected to see him doing work like that. I'm thinking that, to him, this comment is something of an explanation for those people - a reminder to those of us who know him and a pointer for new fans, stating that he likes to be diverse and face challenges.

MHO. B):beer:

You're right, he might have said it because of people like me, for I have never expected Robert to do an album like Raising Sand. :D

But I wish he'd have played more of his solo work, pre SS, I mean, as I saw him in Berlin, back in 2005. But I can tell I went completely nuts as he sang LZ tunes.....it's his wagon, I hope he rides it whenever he feels like, with the ones he feels like.

There's parasols and barbeque's and loungers by the pool

The late night conversations filled with 20th century cool

My peers may flirt with cabaret, some fake the rebel yell

Me, I'm moving up to higher ground, I must escape this hell

I don't think Plant's referring to Zeppelin at all but about his "peers" as referenced in Tin Pan Alley.

As for working with Allison, the Raising Sand album was in the works long before the Zeppelin reunion ever took place.