Most Albums to Chart at the Same Time By a Single Artist

The Rover

According to Wikipedia:

At one point in early 1980's, all nine albums released to that date by Led Zeppelin were on the Billboard 200 chart, the most albums by a single artist to chart at the same time.

AS an aside, I wonder if anyone has ever complied the most albums sold (NOT Singles) by musical groups. I wonder where Zeppelin would stand in such a list, compared to their peers??

According to Wikipedia:

At one point in early 1980's, all nine albums released to that date by Led Zeppelin were on the Billboard 200 chart, the most albums by a single artist to chart at the same time.

AS an aside, I wonder if anyone has ever complied the most albums sold (NOT Singles) by musical groups. I wonder where Zeppelin would stand in such a list, compared to their peers??

Well not really because it's a difficult to collate all the information necessary from around the world to do such a thing...

All they can do is make estimates

the 5 biggest sellers are considered to be The Beatles, Elvis, Bing Crosby, Sinatra and Michael Jackson. But then if you just want album sales only, that makes it harder to know.

And the biggest sellers list usually has people you wouldn't expect, like Romanian Pan-pipe player, Gheorghe Zamfir, with 200 million records sold, along with Conductor Herbert Von Karajan, with the same amount of sales. Although if you've ever gone digging around the records section of a 2nd Hand Shop, you'll see thousands of records by James Last, the German orchestra leader. And he was a big seller too, 200 million, but then the guy released around 195 albums between 1963 and 2008! I mean in 1971, he released 10 albums alone!

I posted it somewhere om here but i figured who sold avg the most sold per album. I only did the top 10 artist but Zep avg. 6 million albums sold for every official release, the next closest is the Beatles with a avg 3.5 million sold for every Official release. Zep has around 15 official releases and the Beatles have 30. So if everything was equal, zep out sold ever body else in terms of albums.

Well not really because it's a difficult to collate all the information necessary from around the world to do such a thing...

All they can do is make estimates

the 5 biggest sellers are considered to be The Beatles, Elvis, Bing Crosby, Sinatra and Michael Jackson. But then if you just want album sales only, that makes it harder to know.

And the biggest sellers list usually has people you wouldn't expect, like Romanian Pan-pipe player, Gheorghe Zamfir, with 200 million records sold, along with Conductor Herbert Von Karajan, with the same amount of sales. Although if you've ever gone digging around the records section of a 2nd Hand Shop, you'll see thousands of records by James Last, the German orchestra leader. And he was a big seller too, 200 million, but then the guy released around 195 albums between 1963 and 2008! I mean in 1971, he released 10 albums alone!

YES, EVERY Country has their favorite "son" or "daughter", or "pop" idol that everyone goes gaga for.

But, besides those pop favorites... then you get into the bands like Zeppelin and Pink Floyd, and their album sales.

YES, EVERY Country has their favorite "son" or "daughter", or "pop" idol that everyone goes gaga for.

But, besides those pop favorites... then you get into the bands like Zeppelin and Pink Floyd, and their album sales.

No, James Last, Herbert Von Karajan and Zamfir, they were all international sales

I remember as a kid on TV they would advertise to death people like Richard Clayderman, Acker Bilk and Foster & Allen...

Archived