final batch of tickets

26 November ‘07.

26.Nov.2007 12:50

Ahmet Ertegun Tribute

We have now filtered through all of those previous winners who could not make the new concert date of December 10th. As a result of this process the final passocode winners have been randomly selected on a first come first served basis, out of the original ballot.

Please note as follows, the box office for collection of tickets will be open from Sunday 9th December from 10am until 6pm and from 10am and on Monday 10th December until the concert starts.

Please note that the concert starts at 7pm and will finish at 11pm.

In addition to the Jubilee line where the last train leaves at 12.19am there is also a boat service that will take you to Westminster Pier under the Millenium Eye if you wish to stay later. This boat service will run until at least 4am.

I have read through most of your comments and my response is very simple. Throughout this process we have tried to satisfy those fans that took the trouble to register on the original ballot. It is going to be a fantastic concert and I hope you will all find that the effort that you have all made is worth it.

Good bye

1)Hair replacement (maybe someday)

2)Penis enlargement (thanks but no thanks)

3)FINAL ATTEMPT!!! Walmart gift card (for the umpteenth time)

4)UK Lottery prize random email give away(um..no)

5)Micro Helicopter

6)Christian Singles Club

7)Over Thirty Singles club

8)Hernia patch class action lawsuit

9)Become a cop

10)You've been selected as a Mystery Shopper.

11)Do you wanna see my XXX pics?

It's been real. Tomorrow I set my Spam Filter to Obliterate.

Thanks Harvey, you f#@ked up big time, but you tried, and the music business is already learning from your mistake. The Touts won this round, but I'm backing the fans to win in the next.

Good bye

1)Hair replacement (maybe someday)

2)Penis enlargement (thanks but no thanks)

3)FINAL ATTEMPT!!! Walmart gift card (for the umpteenth time)

4)UK Lottery prize random email give away(um..no)

5)Micro Helicopter

6)Christian Singles Club

7)Over Thirty Singles club

8)Hernia patch class action lawsuit

9)Become a cop

10)You've been selected as a Mystery Shopper.

11)Do you wanna see my XXX pics?

It's been real. Tomorrow I set my Spam Filter to Obliterate.

Thanks Harvey, you f#@ked up big time, but you tried, and the music business is already learning from your mistake. The Touts won this round, but I'm backing the fans to win in the next.

Sorry - I fail to see why this was a mistake and how the touts won ? The only semi-viable sales on ebay were individuals trying to sell their second ticket.

It seems to me that this was a good way to at least let everyone have an equal chance of getting a ticket as opposed to the majority being bought up by touts and everybody having to pay £00s' more to get one - if at all.

With this system, you enter into a draw, if you win - you get to go - simple. - not flog them off to the highest bidder

maybe I'm missing something

You are but it doesn't matter. The fact that balloting closed with a press statement shows they're not too proud of the process and just hope the issue goes away. If

they were to call a media conference today they'd have some explaining to do.

Sorry - I fail to see why this was a mistake and how the touts won ? The only semi-viable sales on ebay were individuals trying to sell their second ticket.

It seems to me that this was a good way to at least let everyone have an equal chance of getting a ticket as opposed to the majority being bought up by touts and everybody having to pay £00s' more to get one - if at all.

With this system, you enter into a draw, if you win - you get to go - simple. - not flog them off to the highest bidder

1) The disclaimer should have banned third party sales from the get-go. Something like "Any ticket resold will be cancelled automatically and ticket purchase price forfeited."

2) Instead of wristbands, ballot winners should have had the opportunity to purchase tickets directly, in their own name with the credit card of their choice (including, but not limited to their grandmother's) I'm imagining something like the e-ticket we now use to board airplanes.

Where Harvey dropped the ball was not anticipating the Third Parties Rights litigation movement, where ticket sellers feel like scalping tickets is a legal right and a natural part of the laws of supply and demand.

1) The disclaimer should have banned third party sales from the get-go. Something like "Any ticket resold will be cancelled automatically and ticket purchase price forfeited."

2) Instead of wristbands, ballot winners should have had the opportunity to purchase tickets directly, in their own name with the credit card of their choice (including, but not limited to their grandmother's) I'm imagining something like the e-ticket we now use to board airplanes.

Where Harvey dropped the ball was not anticipating the Third Parties Rights litigation movement, where ticket sellers feel like scalping tickets is a legal right and a natural part of the laws of supply and demand.

I don't see how any of your suggestion would have changed anything. Harvey can't change the law of the land to suit a LZ concert. Unfortunately, as it stands people have the right to trade anything they own on Ebay.

I can't think of a fairer way of doing it that's viable and legal.

I don't see how any of your suggestion would have changed anything. Harvey can't change the law of the land to suit a LZ concert. Unfortunately, as it stands people have the right to trade anything they own on Ebay.

I can't think of a fairer way of doing it that's viable and legal.

Ticket scalping has gone from a few thugs in front of your local arena box office to semi-legit businesses that buy bulk tickets, seemingly in advance of the public, and have them for sale on websites/classified sections of newspapers. If was in law school I wouldn't be covered in sheet-rock dust. That said, I think there is some room to create a contractual obligation as a part of buying the ticket in the first place. It is my understanding that the recently reformed My Bloody Valentine have a No Third Party sales disclaimer to thwart sales on Ebay and Touts in general. Is it going to work? I don't know, it's a new idea. In the end all I care about is me and my selfish needs, and what I DON'T need is some jerk that doesn't even dig the band getting undeserved profits from the bands work, and screwing me out of my ticket chances. If Peter Grant were still alive his henchmen would be on the street delivering flicks of the foot to the jaws of the Touts.

Archived