Santana at the Borgota in AC, NJ 4/11/08

Wolfman

Great show...was 13 rows from the stage...his band was fantastic as was CS himself (he makes it look so easy and he's some damn cool)..show was almost three hours long too....waiting for his site to print out the setlist because other then his hits, I wasn't familiar with some of his songs (which were just as good)...he has two singer this tour...through out the show he would add some bits of other artists (he mixed in some SOYL by Cream and some Hendrix riffs....someone told me he did some of Zep's STH at MSG this past week)....he also has some great visuals...I didn't mind it but he gets a little preachy about how whites should open their hearts and apologize to American Indians and black people, etc....all good to me...great show and good times!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Well, I dug deep and found mention of Santana. Question for anyone that likes Abraxus, love the album but havent owned it in years. Who sings Black Magic Woman??

That was Greg Rolie in Santana's late 60s/early 70s band singing. You probably realize he was also keyboardist/vocalist with Journey early on and with Steve Perry in their heyday.

I saw him on April 15th and it was an excellent gig, too! Derek Trucks Band opened for him and that was absolutely great!

Did Derek Trucks came onstage and jammed with Carlos over ''Open Invitation'' and some other songs? That was certainly one highlight of the show I went!

Cheers to Carlos and his band (Rico Reyes and Dennis Chambers!!) :beer:

Archived