interview for my led zeppelin term paper

bobdangerous

yeh, these questions are horrible,

but you know how procrastination goes.

anyway im writing a term paper on led zeppelin (we could choose any subject) and how they were incredibly versatile with their music.

and i kinda need them answered ... now lol

1. Have you done research of any form on led zeppelin? If not tell how you obtained your information on Led Zeppelin.

2. Would you consider Led Zeppelin to be a versatile band? If so, why?

3. To your knowledge what genres has Led Zeppelin covered in their music?

4. Of those genres, which would you consider Led Zeppelin strongest in?

5. What song by Led Zeppelin do you consider to be the most unique?

6. Do you think Led Zeppelin's versatility helped them gain fans? (more then if they were not as versatile)

7. Which Led Zeppelin album covered the widest range of genres?

8. Kashmir is one of Led Zeppelin's more popular songs, what genre would you classify it as?

9. In your opinion, which genre was Led Zeppelin strongest at?

10. In your opinion, would Led Zeppelin been as succesful if all their songs were rock-hard rock?

11. Whats your name? (for citation purposes)

thanks if you answered

no thanks if you didnt.

=)

1. No. just reading biographies, watching and reading every possible interview I could find, listening to the music…past and present.

2. the melodic tension between Robert's singing and Jimmy's guitar, same scale….completely different things are going on in there, one pulls this way the other that way- the outcome a dynamic sound.

Also the different musical tastes of each member, like blues to psychocadelic west coast rock, soul and R&B.

3. The sound is quite impossible to pin point, it's progressive, it's blues, it's rock, it's metal at times, it's even country, R&B and reggae (though granted as jokes).

4. Blues

5. Kashmir, because I don't think that kind of colossal sound has never been achieved before.

6. if every song was like whole lotta love (which is what most fans after Led Zeppelin 2 wanted), they would have stayed successful.

The fact that they were so versatile is the reason we're still talking about them now and 12 year old think they are still influential and relative.

7. I should think Presence

8. Fusion comes to mind.

9. hard rock.

10. not really.

11. Yulia.

enjoy my inane answers.

1. I have got all my informations about them in internet and in a book from our public library as well.

2.I would say yes! Because they are able to play almost everything, every possible genre.

3. Blues, hard rock, psychedelic sound, oriental tunes, a little bit of classic, country...

4. I would say blues-when I hear Rob sing in the early blues tunes, I´m always speechless.And Jimmy´s blues guitar is incredible!

5. Dazed and Confused

6. I´m sure!Every fan picks what he likes most from the various genres they play!

7. I think LZ III

8.Rock with oriental influence

9. the blues of course!

10.I think not, because there is a lot of other hard rock bands, but LZ has an original sound which you recognize at once.

11. Renata

1. Have you done research of any form on led zeppelin? If not tell how you obtained your information on Led Zeppelin.

I did some research. I read a lot of books, essays, interviews etc.

Yes, look at the wide range of music. Tangerine to Whole Lotta Love.

Folk, Classic Rock, Blues, I guess you could psychadelic

That is a really hard question, but I'm going to say classic Rock

Carouselambra

6. Do you think Led Zeppelin's versatility helped them gain fans? (more then if they were not as versatile)

Yes, because the versatility of their most brings fans of all different types of fans.

3 or Physical Graffiti

8. Kashmir is one of Led Zeppelin's more popular songs, what genre would you classify it as?

I consider Zeppelin a genre so Zeppelin.

Not sure.

10. In your opinion, would Led Zeppelin been as succesful if all their songs were rock-hard rock?

No.

Alicia

Since everyone helped me with my paper's questions, I shall return the favor. Most of my answers will probably mean nothing, though, haha.

Mostly if I want to know something, I just go to wikipedia. Obviously that's not the most wonderful place to go for information, but if I'm not writing a term paper, who cares? Usually what they have is right anyway. If not, I will sound like an idiot. That would be nothing new.

I think you would be crazy to say they weren't. I think looking at the stark contrast between II and III shows you their versatility. But no two of their albums really sound that much alike. They really mixed it up and clearly had a lot of different influences.

Blues, rock, country

Actually, I would say blues.

That's a good question. So good in fact, that I definitely don't have an answer.

I think people do appreciate the wide variety of sounds they were able to come up with. I think that's one of the reasons Jimmy Page is considered a god. The stuff he did with the guitar is just awesome.

I would say III. You had hard rock, soft rock, blues, country...

Undeniably fucking awesome rock?

See number 4. ;)

No, I don't think so. Again, the versatility was one of the most impressive things about them.

Michelle

Archived