Jimmy with Maiden

I noticed that there is a picture in Iron Maiden's live after death CD of the band with Jimmy taken during the '84 tour. I wonder how they hooked up?

Jimmy had started touring with The Firm around the same time Iron Maiden was on their World Slavery Tour in late 1984. Their paths probably crossed at some point, but I'm not sure if they were ever on the same bill together.

November 9 1986

Hammersmith Odeon

London

Bad News charity benefit to aid NSPCC. Page is seen with Bad News during a spoof performance preceding show (he's not plugged in).

Note: I believe Iron Maiden and Brian May also participated in this event, so perhaps the photo was taken backstage. I haven't seen the photo your talking about but if it is indeed from 1984 I can look into it further.

Iron Maiden was the band that was on before Queen at the 85 "Rock in Rio" concert. I believe the firm was on the bill as well. Funny this is brought up. I just watched the released Live After Death dvd and they have Maiden's set from that Rock In Rio concert. I believe it is still the largest crowd Maiden had performed for. Queen closed out the show. I highly recommend the Maiden DVD. Great stuff. Watching them perform in front of over 300,000 people is amazing. Pretty sure that is where that pic with Jimmy came from.

Iron Maiden was the band that was on before Queen at the 85 "Rock in Rio" concert. I believe the firm was on the bill as well. Funny this is brought up. I just watched the released Live After Death dvd and they have Maiden's set from that Rock In Rio concert. I believe it is still the largest crowd Maiden had performed for. Queen closed out the show. I highly recommend the Maiden DVD. Great stuff. Watching them perform in front of over 300,000 people is amazing. Pretty sure that is where that pic with Jimmy came from.

I apologize. I thought the Firm was on this lineup in Rio. Here is the list from that 85 show. MIGHTY impressive lineup for that time period. Some HUGE bands played that year.

International Artists Brazilian Artists

AC/DC

Al Jarreau

The B-52's

George Benson

The Go-Go's

Iron Maiden

James Taylor

Nina Hagen

Ozzy Osbourne

Queen

Rod Stewart

Scorpions

Whitesnake

Yes

Alceu Valença

Baby Consuelo & Pepeu Gomes

Barão Vermelho

Blitz

Eduardo Dusek

Elba Ramalho

Erasmo Carlos

Gilberto Gil

Ivan Lins

Kid Abelha

Lulu Santos

Moraes Moreira

Ney Matogrosso

Paralamas do Sucesso

Rita Lee

November 9 1986

Hammersmith Odeon

London

Bad News charity benefit to aid NSPCC. Page is seen with Bad News during a spoof performance preceding show (he's not plugged in).

Note: I believe Iron Maiden and Brian May also participated in this event, so perhaps the photo was taken backstage. I haven't seen the photo your talking about but if it is indeed from 1984 I can look into it further.

The reason I say '84 is because that was the year that album was recorded and I beleive it was released in '85. There are also some unidentified people in the pic.

I apologize. I thought the Firm was on this lineup in Rio. Here is the list from that 85 show. MIGHTY impressive lineup for that time period. Some HUGE bands played that year.

International Artists Brazilian Artists

AC/DC

Al Jarreau

The B-52's

George Benson

The Go-Go's

Iron Maiden

James Taylor

Nina Hagen

Ozzy Osbourne

Queen

Rod Stewart

Scorpions

Whitesnake

Yes

Alceu Valença

Baby Consuelo & Pepeu Gomes

Barão Vermelho

Blitz

Eduardo Dusek

Elba Ramalho

Erasmo Carlos

Gilberto Gil

Ivan Lins

Kid Abelha

Lulu Santos

Moraes Moreira

Ney Matogrosso

Paralamas do Sucesso

Rita Lee

Thanks for all this info. It's people like you that make this site so cool.

The reason I say '84 is because that was the year that album was recorded and I beleive it was released in '85. There are also some unidentified people in the pic.

I remember this one for sure. The vinyl of "Live after Death" stated the concerts were taken from a run of Long Beach shows: March 14-17th, 1985. I saw them at San Diego sports arena 23 Mar. 1985. I've always thought it was the other way around, but apparently not. I got these dates off of maidenfans.com

This was also around the time i saw the Firm in costa mesa, ca. I was just looking for the Firm tour dates for that year and found a Jimmy Page bootleg site, which just so happens there is a boot from that concert: 16 March, 1985! So apparently there is a connection! They were certainly in close proximity at that time and would venture to say maybe Page visited one of the four Long Beach shows. Also, both bands were (obviously) in the same area/same time frame---somebody probably went to somebody elses' show! Steve?

Archived