reunion sans zep music...any thoughts?

Considering Robert's constant implications that LZ is an albatross around his neck and considering he would require "a good reason" to re-unite with his former bandmates, how 'bout this idea:

The 'boys' reunite to play stuff that influenced them pre-zep...say songs by artists which influenced them, Muddy Waters, Robert Johnson, whatever...and they can play, say "dead shrimp blues" or "Hellhound on my trail" etc.

The premise, of course, would have to be the majority of the money going to charities of the artists choosing...Robert picks one of his faves (25 percent of the proceeds go to his charity and so on and so forth). This may not be the first time someone suggested it (although haven't seen it anywhere), but it would be a compromise of sorts---if you could get past the idea of NO ZEP songs in the set!

I think this would allow robt to get past the "dont wanna live in the past" deal...'course, it would kinda be a 'storytellers' episode...

Hello:

Ohhhh..I have an idea....I think they should reunite and recite something...

I suggest Charles Dickens' Christmas Carol or poems by Wordsworth, sonnets by Shakespeare...etc etc...

I think it would be exciting and definitely "outside of the box" for a reunion gig...

Juliet

Hello:

Ohhhh..I have an idea....I think they should reunite and recite something...

I suggest Charles Dickens' Christmas Carol or poems by Wordsworth, sonnets by Shakespeare...etc etc...

I think it would be exciting and definitely "outside of the box" for a reunion gig...

Juliet

mmm-K. I was trying to be serious...

:blink:

That's like asking for ice cream without the ice- or the cream. You can't have one without the other!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:blink:

That's like asking for ice cream without the ice- or the cream. You can't have one without the other!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah, I guess it was a dumb idea...just tryin' to stimulate some, uh, intelligent discourse. I suppose at that I failed...

Hi:

I guess you don't like my idea ...o.k. forget The Chirstmas Carol-an adaptation of Dickens' Scrooge. One would have to have more people anyhow to read all the parts in that play...

Just go with reciting poems and sonnets..and if there's time....reading The Magna Carta....

Juliet

PS Ya know...I'm just trying to add some lightness to this thread...I agree with the original idea that the guys should get together and discuss the music that influenced them in their early years. I would love to hear Robert sing some blues tunes with Jimmy and John Paul accompanying...I think it would be fantastic....

PSS I would also like to know if there was other music like English folk and war tunes, American tunes from the Broadway stage, music their parents loved that influenced them.

Archived