Another C/P thread....

Yucko

how the hell did this NOT sell. at the time its perfect. Whisper A Prayer For The Dying is right up there with STP or Alice In Chains at the time(early 90's)

the production is killer, Page kicks ass....well...

then you have Coverdale.

Just for one second if Plant and Jones was involved, this would have been the "cherry on top" so to speak.

Its a killer cd, just for Jimmy alone. I hope he can recapture what he lost.....

how the hell did this NOT sell.

It did sell, it just didn't sell as much as Geffen had expected given the extensive promo and advertising campaign to support the release.

This cd was one where basically everyone who wanted it got it within the first month

of release - it dropped off the charts fairly quickly. This was not like a Metallica release

which would enjoy chart success and heavy radio airplay for months on end. Going up against the height of the grunge era certainly didn't help their cause.

It did sell, it just didn't sell as much as Geffen had expected given the extensive promo and advertising campaign to support the release.

This cd was one where basically everyone who wanted it got it within the first month

of release - it dropped off the charts fairly quickly. This was not like a Metallica release

which would enjoy chart success and heavy radio airplay for months on end. Going up against the height of the grunge era certainly didn't help their cause.

Coverdale Page went Platihum in USA and Canada and I think it went #1 in UK for 1 weej,probably sold about 1.5 million worldwide which aint that bad

Coverdale Page went Platihum in USA and Canada and I think it went #1 in UK for 1 week,probably sold about 1.5 million worldwide which aint that bad

The album only reached #4 in the UK and #5 on the US Billboard 200 album chart.

Archived