HUGE Ertegun Scholarship Fund for St. John's College, MD

zeptangerine

I'm thrilled to see a fundraiser that Led Zeppelin participated in made it all the way to my homestate, Maryland! $2.4 million in scholarships for Turkish students- that's a nice chunk of change considering one year's tuition for undergrads is $38,854. See Ahmet's personal connection to this college, below.

Led Zeppelin Concert Leads to St.John's Scholarship

St.John's Press Release

"Mr. Ertegun served the college as a member of the college's Board of Visitors and Governors in the 1970s. In 1994, the St. John's Alumni Association honored him with an Award of Merit."

Learn something new every day...

I'm thrilled to see a fundraiser that Led Zeppelin participated in made it all the way to my homestate, Maryland! $2.4 million in scholarships for Turkish students- that's a nice chunk of change considering one year's tuition for undergrads is $38,854. See Ahmet's personal connection to this college, below.

Led Zeppelin Concert Leads to St.John's Scholarship

St.John's Press Release

"Mr. Ertegun served the college as a member of the college's Board of Visitors and Governors in the 1970s. In 1994, the St. John's Alumni Association honored him with an Award of Merit."

Learn something new every day...

Wow, that blew me away when a clicked the link and it's a Utah paper. Funny.

Great! Except I have an issue with the grants only going to Turkish students.

I thought every skin color should be eligible for scholarships.

:wacko::thumbdown:

This is only MHO.. :mellow:

It's a great school. A Great Books university and excellent for those seeking a broad topical range with the ability to explore specific areas of interest in depth. Not for everyone. For those who are 'wired' this way, a thrilling way to learn and grow.

Thanks for posting the update!

• 2 weeks later...
It's a great school. A Great Books university and excellent for those seeking a broad topical range with the ability to explore specific areas of interest in depth. Not for everyone. For those who are 'wired' this way, a thrilling way to learn and grow.

Thanks for posting the update!

You've seen the college- it's incredibly small, but Colonial in every way. It's like a tiny slice of England, and I love Annapolis, too. Makes me wonder what all the fuss was about when we split from the royals? :D

You've seen the college- it's incredibly small, but Colonial in every way. It's like a tiny slice of England, and I love Annapolis, too. Makes me wonder what all the fuss was about when we split from the royals? :D

I believe that the "split" was over taxation... a little "tea party" was held for that reason (remember, LOL) Not that extreme taxation didn't occur anyway. :rolleyes:B)

BTW, can someone tell me how to change my home e-mail address for the site? I have moved and have a different e-mail address now.

I believe that the "split" was over taxation... a little "tea party" was held for that reason (remember, LOL) Not that extreme taxation didn't occur anyway. :rolleyes:B)

BTW, can someone tell me how to change my home e-mail address for the site? I have moved and have a different e-mail address now.

And I'm still drinking Twinings Tea giving money to the monarchy! (sounds like the lyrics to a Sex Pistols song...!?)

E-mail changes are made on the "my controls" link under options, change e-mail.

:)

And I'm still drinking Twinings Tea giving money to the monarchy! (sounds like the lyrics to a Sex Pistols song...!?)

E-mail changes are made on the "my controls" link under options, change e-mail.

:)

LOL. :D Thanks.

Archived