KNEBWORTH 79

zofo

I'm gonna sum up my feelings about every year ever, right now:

1968 - Probably great, but since I have no real boots (lots of fakes though) I don't know.

1969 - Awesome.

1970 - No word can truly describe the raw awesome-ness.

1971 - KING.

1972 - Consistent enough, I guess.

1973 - Excellent comeback from the somewhat sketchy-ness (IMO) of '72.

1975 - GOD. Scratch that. RULER OVER GOD.

1977 - F'cked up. Only LA was any good.

1979 - 50/50. 4th is second only to '75.

1980 - AAAAAH! THE HORROR, THE HORROR!!!!!! OH, THE HUMANITY!!!! OH THE RAW SLOPPINESS!!!!!

2007 - Scratch what I said about '79. THIS is second only to '75.

You never saw Led Zeppelin when John Bonham was alive, did you? If you had you wouldn't be making careless judgments like that. I love everybody here but my pet peeve is people making inferences and drawing profound conclusions based on magnetic tape like they were there. 1977 lame? With all due respect you don't have an informed opinion---I still have scars from '77. It was every bit equal to 1973. Don't take my word for it, ask The Rover, between he and I we've seen Zeppelin over a dozen times and you're disrespecting shows/tours where we breathed the same air as the band.

I have bootlegs of times I saw Zep and if I may educate you . . . they sounded a thousand times better than a tape you're listening to the 10th generation of. You cannot judge a live show by a recording of it (especially if you're a non-musician.) Game over.

Other than that, have a great weekend.

My top 10: (revised)

1. March 19th, 1975 - Vancouver, Canada

2. May 25th, 1975 - Earl's Court, England (Led Zeppelin DVD)

3. December 10th, 2007 - O2 Arena, England

4. August 4th, 1979 - Knebworth, England (Led Zeppelin DVD)

5. July 25th, 1972 - Los Angeles, California (HTWWW)

6. January, 1969 - San Francisco, California (Any of them)

7. May 25th, 1973 - Denver, Colorado

8. July 28th & 29th, 1973 - NYC, New York (TSRTS)

9. January 9th, 1970 - Royal Albert Hall, England (Led Zeppelin DVD)

10. April 4th, 1971 - Paris Theater, England (BBC Sessions)

No, just a copy of that god damn boot i REALLY need a copy. <_<

Look for a boot titled "Snow Jobs". Excellent sound quality. My only complaint is that the Mellotron is placed higher in the mixes than the guitar in most places. Listen to Stairway once you have it. Best guitar solo ever.

My top 10: (revised)

1. March 19th, 1975 - Vancouver, Canada

2. May 25th, 1975 - Earl's Court, England (Led Zeppelin DVD)

3. December 10th, 2007 - O2 Arena, England

4. August 4th, 1979 - Knebworth, England (Led Zeppelin DVD)

5. July 25th, 1972 - Los Angeles, California (HTWWW)

6. January, 1969 - San Francisco, California (Any of them)

7. May 25th, 1973 - Denver, Colorado

8. July 28th & 29th, 1973 - NYC, New York (TSRTS)

9. January 9th, 1970 - Royal Albert Hall, England (Led Zeppelin DVD)

10. April 4th, 1971 - Paris Theater, England (BBC Sessions)

June 25th, 1972 for L.A, y'mean? 12-10-07 with Jason on drums better than ANY show with the real deal on the drum throne? You're sounding like a loose cannon.

The 6-3-73 recording in L.A. sounds superior to the July NYC shows.

You never saw Led Zeppelin when John Bonham was alive, did you? If you had you wouldn't be making careless judgments like that. I love everybody here but my pet peeve is people making inferences and drawing profound conclusions based on magnetic tape like they were there. 1977 lame? With all due respect you don't have an informed opinion---I still have scars from '77. It was every bit equal to 1973. Don't take my word for it, ask The Rover, between he and I we've seen Zeppelin over a dozen times and you're disrespecting shows/tours where we breathed the same air as the band.

I have bootlegs of times I saw Zep and if I may educate you . . . they sounded a thousand times better than a tape you're listening to the 10th generation of. You cannot judge a live show by a recording of it (especially if you're a non-musician.) Game over.

Other than that, have a great weekend.

1. Most of my tapes are 3rd generation, thanks to an excellent connection at the local record store.

2. I am a musician. Guitar, keyboard, drums, and singing (last one doesn't really count IMO).

3. I didn't say LAME. I said F'cked up. there is a difference. F'cked up, in this context means OK, but not great. It had it's great spots, but many bad ones too. So, while still not flattering '77, this is certaintly better than LAME.

4. Off-topic, but: Dirigible, what happened to your avatar? That previous one with that thing that looked like a city scene at night was really cool looking. Fine, if you don't want it, I'll take it. URL, please?

June 25th, 1972 for L.A, y'mean? 12-10-07 with Jason on drums better than ANY show with the real deal on the drum throne? You're sounding like a loose cannon.

The 6-3-73 recording in L.A. sounds superior to the July NYC shows.

Yeah, I meant June. Typo. And, yes, I am some thing of a loose cannon. Hey, we've all got our own opinions.

Hi Kashmiran, just noticed your personal quote and it reminded me of a Philadelphia radio interview last year, where Robert Plant was asked (rehashed?) what the song STH was about, to which Robert replied it was about the materialism of young people at the time (might as well apply to all eras). Not in his exact words but same conjecture: People who sell their souls to get what they want. And if I remember correctly he said further: the end doesn't justify the means or something to that effect.

He also considers Kashmir their best song ever, but you all know that already.

Another interview I read about: Robert says "Who would have known? We were just 4 blokes whom nobody would want anything with" ... "Who copied black songs from black singers who copied their songs from black singers before them."

Ah I love reading Robert Plant.

1. Most of my tapes are 3rd generation, thanks to an excellent connection at the local record store.

2. I am a musician. Guitar, keyboard, drums, and singing (last one doesn't really count IMO).

3. I didn't say LAME. I said F'cked up. there is a difference. F'cked up, in this context means OK, but not great. So, while still not flattering '77, this is certaintly better than LAME.

4. Off-topic, but: Dirigible, what happened to your avatar? That previous one with that thing that looked like a city scene at night was really cool looking. Fine, if you don't want it, I'll take it. URL, please?

I apologize, K! I'm not trying to bust your chops personally, Kashmiran. I see lots of posts here from fans who missed the Zep boat because they were too young and the best conclusions they can draw are from bootlegs. God bless the younger generation for seeking illumination, bootlegs are the BEST lights to illuminate that path. I've got my favorite bootleg shows (5-26-77) and my favorite Zeppelin concerts (5-21-77); they're both great, just apples and oranges.

How many bands have you been in? What's your main ax?

My avatar is the Dancing House in Prague, modern architecture that's a bit dazed and confused. Google it (images). I've got half a dozen perspectives of it that I rotate as my avatar because I'm one sick pup. Ha!

Peace out, mayne!

How many bands have you been in? What's your main ax?

Unfortunately, as of yet, no bands for me. I've put adds in the local news paper but no-one answers. I've had one add circulating for three years now!!! Unfortunately I can only play one instrument at a time, so I'll need at least 3 other musicians. Individual people have responded, but not enough to form a good band! So, the short answer is: no bands yet. Thanks for the Avatar, too! :hippy: (I coudn't find a peace out icon, this is the best I could come up with)

What ad would you answer quicker: drums, keys or guitar?

I was in a band with a guitarist we called Semi Page and played about half of Zeppelin's catalog of 80+ songs. I'd like to post some tunes here of us playing some really trick Zep stuff like Black Dog, Out On The Tiles, Heartbreaker, The Ocean, Dazed and Confused, Sick Again, Moby Dick, Communication Breakdown, Nobody's Fault But Mine, etc. but I don't know how. But I'll find out. Then you cats can rip on me. I'm a drummer who can copy Bonham and, as a singer, let's just say I know the lyrics Plant's singing. Ta.

What ad would you answer quicker: drums, keys or guitar?

I was in a band with a guitarist we called Semi Page and played about half of Zeppelin's catalog of 80+ songs. I'd like to post some tunes here of us playing some really trick Zep stuff like Black Dog, Out On The Tiles, Heartbreaker, The Ocean, Dazed and Confused, Sick Again, Moby Dick, Communication Breakdown, Nobody's Fault But Mine, etc. but I don't know how. But I'll find out. Then you cats can rip on me. I'm a drummer who can copy Bonham and, as a singer, let's just say I know the lyrics Plant's singing. Ta.

Currently, drums. Although I can play Keys, they're not my favorite instrument, and Guitar is difficult for me right now because I pulled a Page and damaged my middle playing finger.

Currently, drums. Although I can play Keys, they're not my favorite instrument, and Guitar is difficult for me right now because I pulled a Page and damaged my middle playing finger.

Dude, PM me with what kind of drums you play, etc.

Archived