What if...

slagfarmer

I know there are threads on this topic from time to time and it's something that I'll think about sometimes as I'm listening to my bootlegs.

IMO, Jimmy and Bonzo would have wound up in rehab, Robert would have done a solo album while the guys were getting cleaned up, and Jonesy probably would have done some producing. Think they might have gotten back together for an album and world tour around 1984-1985.

Eventually, I think they would have drifted apart as Robert discovered how much he liked to be out from under Jimmy's thumb and Bonzo and Jonesy were enjoying their family time more and more. Think they would have stayed together in name but never again do as much as they did in the 1970s.

• 2 months later...

Great topic!

Ive' always thought about this, but starting w/ 75' They had a successful end to the 75' tour! If Robert hadn't of wrecked I truly believe they would have completed the most successful world tour ever! Then went back to the States for another awesome tour with Physical Graffiti actually on the market. Their next album would have been the Hottest ever. Heavy/Indian, and the obligatory blues influence. They wouldn't have had to Rush out an album such as "Presence", or TSRTS. There would never have been the question ZEP VS KISS.

Now, in 77', had karac not died and they finished their tour? Who knows. John and Jimmy were out of control, there is no evidence that any of their remaining stadium dates, even though huge record-breakers, would have been any better than seattle or Oakland.

80's in America? Would have been huge, record-breaking, and completely embarrasing. Yes Jimmy would have ruined everything if he didn't jsut O.D. If they had been able to pull themselves together somehow like Aerosmith? Could have completely completely redefined the 80's. Heavier follow-up to ITTOD, with new sound-effects and synth sounds, but still way better than Plant solo.

Archived