the naming of the band

i know there has been some other threads about this, so please dont point that out........... :D

does anyone else think, like me, that the guys were actually saying VERY CLEARLY what they wished to be known as when the line-up is jimmy, robert, john paul and jason?

to those that think that THIS line-up shouldnt be called Led Zeppelin, why would they purposely emblazon that name in huge letters at the end of the concert? and then turn the lights up SO bright, so noeone could miss it? ( even though clearly some have....)

if THIS line-up records/performs again, it will be LED ZEPPELIN.

its so obvious to me that this is the wish of jimmy, robert, john paul and jason.

your thoughts?

i know there has been some other threads about this, so please dont point that out........... :D

does anyone else think, like me, that the guys were actually saying VERY CLEARLY what they wished to be known as when the line-up is jimmy, robert, john paul and jason?

to those that think that THIS line-up shouldnt be called Led Zeppelin, why would they purposely emblazon that name in huge letters at the end of the concert? and then turn the lights up SO bright, so noeone could miss it? ( even though clearly some have....)

if THIS line-up records/performs again, it will be LED ZEPPELIN.

its so obvious to me that this is the wish of jimmy, robert, john paul and jason.

your thoughts?

Some will point to Robert's comment from the stage that night about having brought Jason "in" as proof they consider him to be a full-fledged member. Personally, I think

that would be taking the comment out of context, which I believe to be they meant

having brought him "in" for the Ahmet Ertegun tribute (only). When and if the band

evolves further with Jason in the lineup this is sure to conjure up a host of emotions

and become somewhat more problematic. Essentially, the history of the band would

be rewritten if Jason became a full partner in the future.

When and if the band

evolves further with Jason in the lineup this is sure to conjure up a host of emotions

i believe this is one of the reasons they put that sign up on the night, to let us know that they want their feelings/wishes understood. maybe they didnt want to say it at a press conference, kinda like: "we are led zeppelin. end od story."

Essentially, the history of the band would

be rewritten if Jason became a full partner in the future.

it wouldnt be the first time they have rewritten history. :D

Archived