The Police/ Elvis Costello in Philadelphia 7/29/08

Wolfman

Well I finished a hat trick weekend of concerts (Mark Knopfler, Bruce Springsteen) with a great one . Wow....what a show last night at the Wachovia Center in Philadelphia. First up was Elvis Costello and the Imposters. He played a nice hour set with most of the hits in there. Sting came out for one song too. Then the Police came on and even though this was a shorter setlist then the last time I saw them in Philly (7/19/07), they were fantastic. Stewart Copeland must be seen live. No wonder he was Bonzo's fave drummer in the late 70's. It was one of those fun shows where we all sang along with the band. The jams were tight and at times, mind blowing. It's a shame this will be it for them. I would love to see them do another album together!

Setlist:

Message In A Bottle

Walking On The Moon

Demolition Man

Voices Inside My Head

When The World Is Running Down

Don't Stand So Close To Me

Driven To Tears

Hole In My Life

Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic

Wrapped Around Your Finger

De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da

Invisible Sun

Can't Stand Losing You

Roxanne

King Of Pain

So Lonely

Every Breath You Take

Next To You

Well I finished a hat trick weekend of concerts (Mark Knopfler, Bruce Springsteen) with a great one . Wow....what a show last night at the Wachovia Center in Philadelphia. First up was Elvis Costello and the Imposters. He played a nice hour set with most of the hits in there. Sting came out for one song too. Then the Police came on and even though this was a shorter setlist then the last time I saw them in Philly (7/19/07), they were fantastic. Stewart Copeland must be seen live. No wonder he was Bonzo's fave drummer in the late 70's. It was one of those fun shows where we all sang along with the band. The jams were tight and at times, mind blowing. It's a shame this will be it for them. I would love to see them do another album together!

Setlist:

Message In A Bottle

Walking On The Moon

Demolition Man

Voices Inside My Head

When The World Is Running Down

Don't Stand So Close To Me

Driven To Tears

Hole In My Life

Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic

Wrapped Around Your Finger

De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da

Invisible Sun

Can't Stand Losing You

Roxanne

King Of Pain

So Lonely

Every Breath You Take

Next To You

Damn The Police did some good songs. My sister asked me at almost the last minute yesterday if i wanted to go. She originally asked me and told me the show was the end of August. It was too late for me to get a babysitter so i missed out. Now i wish i went. According to Joe Bonadonna Jr. it was the last time The Police would play here.

Archived