5 years ago today...

mightyzep247

I first heard Zeppelin at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. I was 8 and my dad took me and my brothers there. I remember walking through the exhibits and seeing a drum set that looked really cool with a gong behind it. So, being 8, I wanted to touch everything in there so I asked my dad if I could touch the gong and he said no. But he told me it was one of John Bonham from Led Zeppelin's drum sets. So I was like whatever, and kept looking at stuff. Then, later, we went up to the second or third floor and there was a listening station so my dad sat me down and put on WLL. So it got to the part where the guitar is going like around in circles in the headphones and my jaw dropped. So I made my dad buy me the Early Days/Latter Days box set. I realize now that I almost touched Bonzo's gong. And Now I'm 13 and I own every Zeppelin album and way more Zep memorabilia than any 13 year old should.

Now that I think about it, I wouldn't have an album produced by a Grammy-winning producer if it wasn't for Whole Lotta Love. Wow. Thank god for Zeppelin.

**Oops. This was supposed to be in the Master forum....Whatever...

I first heard Zeppelin at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. I was 8 and my dad took me and my brothers there. I remember walking through the exhibits and seeing a drum set that looked really cool with a gong behind it. So, being 8, I wanted to touch everything in there so I asked my dad if I could touch the gong and he said no. But he told me it was one of John Bonham from Led Zeppelin's drum sets. So I was like whatever, and kept looking at stuff. Then, later, we went up to the second or third floor and there was a listening station so my dad sat me down and put on WLL. So it got to the part where the guitar is going like around in circles in the headphones and my jaw dropped. So I made my dad buy me the Early Days/Latter Days box set. I realize now that I almost touched Bonzo's gong. And Now I'm 13 and I own every Zeppelin album and way more Zep memorabilia than any 13 year old should.

Now that I think about it, I wouldn't have an album produced by a Grammy-winning producer if it wasn't for Whole Lotta Love. Wow. Thank god for Zeppelin.

Happy anniversary! And many more, I've been hooked for 35 years and they continue to amaze me. It's a healthy obsession!

You're 13?! You must know that you write and communicate better than a lot of adults! I'm happy that Led Zeppelin has wonderfully mature and gifted people like you as their fans! :)

Great story and a very wise dad for introducing you to Zep :D

Archived